[#1613] Tab Managment Issue

15 years 3 weeks ago #90837 by dcr
[#1613] Tab Managment Issue was created by dcr
Hello,

I have a whole bunch of tabs within my profile section on my site.

Is there a way to make a control panel or something to allow users to disable certain tabs when they go to update their profiles?

Some of the tabs on my my site aren't always going to be used and look very sloppy when left blank.

Thanks

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/03/18 16:43

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 weeks ago #90936 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Tab Managment Issue
dcr wrote:

Hello,

I have a whole bunch of tabs within my profile section on my site.

Is there a way to make a control panel or something to allow users to disable certain tabs when they go to update their profiles?

Some of the tabs on my my site aren't always going to be used and look very sloppy when left blank.

Thanks

Will be possible with not yet released privacy plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 3 weeks ago #90938 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Tab Managment Issue
You can hide empty tabs and fields in CB Configuration too. :)

Jamie (Rapunzl)

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

14 years 1 month ago #124092 by citydan
Replied by citydan on topic Re:Tab Managment Issue
I have "Show empty tabs" set to "No" because I want empty tabs to be hidden, but it's not working. Tabs are showing no matter what. One is a CB Sobi2 plugin tab but the other one is just a regular CB tab.

Is there another setting somewhere that I'm missing? :blink:

14 years 1 week ago #126858 by mikeprince
Replied by mikeprince on topic Re:Tab Managment Issue
I couldn't find any way to hide tabs from editing, via CB config or the privacy plugin. Valid reasons for hiding them include tabs that only had read only fields, tabs that had no fields, or tabs that I just didn't want to be visible on the edit profile tabs, e.g. Portrait - unnecessary since there is a menu option to update picture anyway. In addition the Portait tab is always ordered first, which makes getting to important and frequently requested options (like for a user to change their password) quite confusing.

In the end I resorted to the following hack:

In comprofiler.class.php, in function getEditTabs, replace[code:1]$oContent .= $this->_getEditTabContents( $oTab, $user, $output, $formatting, $reason, true );[/code:1] with something like[code:1]if (($oTab->tabid != 20) and ($oTab->tabid != 29))
{
$oContent .= $this->_getEditTabContents( $oTab, $user, $output, $formatting, $reason, true );
}[/code:1]
The tabid values are the ones that correspond to the ones you want to hide, and can be found in CB Tab Manager.

Cheers
-- Mike --

Record, share and compare with BUBO Listing at www.bubo.org

14 years 1 week ago #126964 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Tab Managment Issue
This is possible with latest CB Privacy, just edit the Tab in Tab Management and set the parameter Front-end edit: to No.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn