community builder use email as username plugin

15 years 4 weeks ago #92124 by urcoder
yes that is what i mean here as you can see from my demo here
demo.joomlaaa.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers
you will see that there is no username field in the form so user will put his email only and his username will be the same like email that what this plugin do

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 weeks ago #92455 by affinity
this plugin just uses Javascript to change the form fields on registration. I dont think this is the best way to do it as javascript is not the best, some people may not have javascript. I think it should be PHP to change the POST variables after submit, and just turn off the username field in Admin. Also, this does not turn off the Username field in "Forgot Password" page, which should be done in combination with any plugin that removes the username.

So I have decided not to use this plugin and hack the CB core files.

In my opinion CB needs to change to have the Username as optional so we are not left with hacking.

15 years 3 weeks ago #92464 by krileon
This is not necessary.

All you simply need to do is hide the username field. E-mail will automatically fill in their username as e-mail. (sense you can't disable it, hide it on profile, registration, and userlist)

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/03/23 13:27

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 3 weeks ago #92469 by urcoder
i have tried to unpublished or hide username field but that will not work without hacking to core files as community builder validation script will prevent submitting of form
and it must done with java that is the best way if we want to not hack cb files
please see it here

demo.joomlaaa.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers

15 years 3 weeks ago #92477 by krileon
Again, this is incorrect.

You do not have to hack anything to have e-mail as username. Change your login/registration to e-mail or e-mail and username. Then hide username field from profile and registration (or just registration). It will then function as you're wanting. You need to make sure it's not set as required (username field that is).

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/03/23 14:28

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 2 weeks ago #93604 by leonjvr
I have hidden the username field, made the email field the login field, but the problem is that in the username field Firstname and Lastname is saved.

So if there are two Peter Pan's then the second Peter Pan will not be able to register.

Is there another setting I need to change?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn