CB Captcha 2.2 RC4 - captcha doesn't display

14 years 11 months ago #96593 by nant
amelie69 wrote:

I have replaced the cb 1.2 RC4 and I have now the 1.2 version.
The upgrade (downgrade) is not very easy but it fine now on the my computer ( localhost), i can see the captcha.
I must do this on the ovh server and , and I 'm not so
reassured !!!

I try to copy configuration.php in administratot ---cb and cb captcha folder, in an other local site it doesn't work.

thanks for your help

point #1: This is not a downgrade! CB 1.2 stable is better, newer than CB 1.2 RC4!!!

point#2: I don't understand why your are trying to do with the configuration.php copy.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #96649 by amelie69
:unsure: sory for said downgrade but thank for your help because it's well now .:)

For the second point it's to test what's i understood about this discussion
www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,77/id,93792/ #93224

14 years 11 months ago #96755 by krileon
amelie69 wrote:

:unsure: sory for said downgrade but thank for your help because it's well now .:)

For the second point it's to test what's i understood about this discussion
www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,77/id,93792/ #93224

Short answer, don't move/encrypt your configuration.php file or things will break, error, act weird, not work, etc..

There's no increased security by moving this file or encrypting it and it just causes problems. Just leave it be. ;)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 11 months ago #96954 by amelie69
It' s good now !
THank's for your help

14 years 11 months ago #97009 by kentheteaman
Replied by kentheteaman on topic Re:CB Captcha 2.2 RC4 - captcha doesn't display
I have the same problem as well.

I have CB 1.2 stable.
Captcha 2.2 RC4

The plug in installs ok.
The Admin side shows -

GD: bundled (2.0.34 compatible)
Freetype: FREETYPE NOT INSTALLED!!!

I asked the webhost to install the FREETYPE.
He did and send me this message -

goldleaf ~ # equery l freetype
>> [ Searching for package 'freetype' in all categories among: ]
>> * installed packages
>> [I--] [ ] media-libs/freetype-2.3.7-r1 (2)
>>

I uninstalled the plugin and reinstalled it after the Freetype instalation.
Still the image do not show up in the Admin side or on the front side.

14 years 11 months ago #97010 by kentheteaman
Replied by kentheteaman on topic Re:CB Captcha 2.2 RC4 - captcha doesn't display

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.290 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn