CB registration error

14 years 9 months ago #104892 by iBlueBell
Replied by iBlueBell on topic Re:CB registration error
I am bouncing like a ping pong ball:side: my hosting provider says it is not their issue...I should contact joomla, because:

We have cleaned the account but we cannot troubleshoot a specific database issue that can be caused by the database itself.

I really dont mind it, I would contact anyone...in this case it would be more profitable, if the expert would send me a sign, that I should contact her/him....

I am lost and have no Idea where the solution is waiting ....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #104904 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:CB registration error

ERROR: sql query: SELECT u.id FROM #__users u LEFT JOIN #__core_acl_aro a ON a.section_value = 'users' AND a.value = CAST( u.id AS CHAR ) WHERE a.value IS NULL : returned error: Illegal mix of collations (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '=' SQL=SELECT u.id FROM jos_users u LEFT JOIN jos_core_acl_aro a ON a.section_value = 'users' AND a.value = CAST( u.id AS CHAR ) WHERE a.value IS NULL

As you can see you have 2 different Joomla tables (table jos_core_acl_aro and table jos_users) which have different encoding (one has utf8_unicode_ci and the other has utf8_general_ci).

This causes the sql query in question to fail.

Search the internet to find solution. I am pretty sure you can do this with phpmyadmin. If you cannot, then hire someone to do this for you.

This was most likely caused by a bad Joomla installation or a bad migration.

14 years 8 months ago #107005 by professorgl
Replied by professorgl on topic Re:CB registration error
Hi,

I have read through this thread and I have attached two screenshots of the two tables mentioned in this thread, but they both seem to be utf8_unicode_ci.

I am getting this error when I run the Tool "Check User Database". Users can register, but I wanted to fix this issue.

Joomla 1.5.13
CB 1.2.1
PHP 5.2.8
MySQL 5.1.30

Here is the error which is basically the same one in this thread, but just in case:

ERROR: sql query: SELECT u.id FROM #__users u LEFT JOIN #__core_acl_aro a ON a.section_value = 'users' AND a.value = CAST( u.id AS CHAR ) WHERE a.value IS NULL : returned error: Illegal mix of collations (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '=' SQL=SELECT u.id FROM jos_users u LEFT JOIN jos_core_acl_aro a ON a.section_value = 'users' AND a.value = CAST( u.id AS CHAR ) WHERE a.value IS NULL

I have attached a word doc with pics of the tables of the tables from phpmyadmin. I would appreciate any help. Thank you.

Post edited by: professorgl, at: 2009/08/05 00:57

Post edited by: professorgl, at: 2009/08/05 01:01

Attachment tables.doc not found

Post edited by: professorgl, at: 2009/08/05 01:05

Post edited by: professorgl, at: 2009/08/05 01:05
Attachments:

14 years 8 months ago #107018 by iBlueBell
Replied by iBlueBell on topic Re:CB registration error
Hi,

I have good news: It is possible to sorting out this issue. The bad news is: You have to start everything from the beginning!
I went trough this situation and I was hoping to find something more friendly, but everything just become more complicated.
The reality was in my case: joomla installation was wrong.

I had series of issues: my site had an iframe injection, so my mailing system collapsed. Because of that finally I had to start everything from the first step:

new joomla
new CB
etc...
...and it just started to work.

My phpmyadmin was the same: it was unicode everywhere.

So, take a big breath and start it again! That was the solution for me too.
Good luck!

14 years 7 months ago #110988 by bbchopsticks
Replied by bbchopsticks on topic Re:CB registration error

Hi all,

Am having the same problem, but ultimately solved the SQL error by specifically changing the value field of table jos_core_acl_aro to collation of type utf8_general_ci.

Believe that the CAST output of this statement CAST( u.id AS CHAR ) is of type utf8_general_ci. Hence, conflicting with the original utf8_unicode_ci settings. Hope this solves your problem too.

Post edited by: bbchopsticks, at: 2009/09/13 11:09

14 years 4 months ago #118568 by sborone
Replied by sborone on topic Re:CB registration error
:blink: ok i'v the same problem! i cechk in phpmyadmin the two table jos_user and jos_core_acl_aro .

i try to untherstan but :woohoo: now i'v find the way!

just for confermation, i'v change in the tab jos_core_acl_aro

ALTER TABLE `jos_core_acl_aro` CHANGE `value` `value` VARCHAR( 240 ) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci NOT NULL

these are the problem? change these value from utf8_unicode_ci to utf8_general_ci ?

ciaoooooo

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn