Can't view own profile

15 years 2 months ago #89113 by Samurai9
Can't view own profile was created by Samurai9
Hi All,

Joomla! 1.5.9
CB 1.2 stable

I am having a problem where a user cannot view own profile - i am still developing locally and have 3 profiles with same result.
I am able to view other profiles.
When hovering over own profile the link is as follows:

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userslist&Itemid=55

its calling task userlist not task userProfile which looks something like this:

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&user=65&Itemid=55

Which is the case for other profiles.

Any advice is appreciated here...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 1 month ago #89479 by kona_pete
Replied by kona_pete on topic Re:Can't view own profile
I'm having the exact same problem.
Joomla 1.5.9
CB 1.2 stable
You didn't happen to install Group Jive before noticing this did you? I'm not sure if that's what caused it for me but if you find the answer please let us know here. I can see others are having this problem too.

Thanks, Kona Pete

15 years 1 month ago #89482 by kona_pete
Samurai9 wrote:

its calling task userlist not task userProfile which looks something like this:

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&user=65&Itemid=55

It looks like this when I hover over my profile on this site.
www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_comprofiler/task,userProfile/Itemid,39/

It looks like somehow this has been overwritten with the userList path. The question is where can we find this so we can correct it?

15 years 1 month ago #89829 by Samurai9
Replied by Samurai9 on topic Re:Can't view own profile
Hi kona_pete,

I thought we might get a better response from the CB guys but no such luck...

I'm going to try a fresh install of Joomla! 1.5.9 and CB 1.2 stable. If the problem persists then i think we might be onto a bug... I will keep you posted on the progress.

I'm just a bit swamped on other client projects at the moment.

If you have time - why don't you give it a try and let me know what the outcome is...if not i will let you know from my side.

15 years 1 month ago #89853 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Can't view own profile
Ensure you have a REQUIRED link to comprofiler (as instructed in documents and readme.txt). Not userlist, not registration, etc.. to comprofiler as in www.yoursite.com/index.php?option=comprofiler. This can be created as a menu type when adding a menu link (don't use external link).

Next disable all SEO and cache (purge cache after disabling) and see if issue persists.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 1 month ago #89922 by kona_pete
Samurai9,
Wait, before you do that, I added an Update User Profile menu item as krileon suggested and it's all working again. Hope that will work for you.
krileon,
Thanks again for your help!! You're a real asset to this forum and hopefully I'll be able to help more when I get some experience under my belt.
Kona Pete

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn