Can't view own profile

15 years 1 week ago #94243 by peter8373
Replied by peter8373 on topic Re:Can't view own profile
krileon wrote:

Ensure you have a REQUIRED link to comprofiler (as instructed in documents and readme.txt). Not userlist, not registration, etc.. to comprofiler as in www.yoursite.com/index.php?option=comprofiler. This can be created as a menu type when adding a menu link (don't use external link).

Next disable all SEO and cache (purge cache after disabling) and see if issue persists.

I have this problem too. But I don't understand what I have to do / change?? Thx for help!

all links for profiles are: index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&user=93&Itemid=71 (with other numbers)

but the link for my profile is: index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userslist&Itemid=71

and so I can't open my profile!

please help :D thx!!

Post edited by: peter8373, at: 2009/04/08 11:53

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 1 week ago #94369 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Can't view own profile
You've not setup your links properly. What link exactly are you clicking that's sending you to the userlist?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 1 day ago #95498 by billandre
Replied by billandre on topic Re:Can't view own profile
Hi,

I believe that adding this menu item is the answer to the problems I am having. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to want to let me add the menu item. When I go to the User Menu and click "Add" menu item it takes me to the right screen. I click on Community Builder and then on User Profile (mandatory)and set up the menu item as public access and published. Nothing is filled in in the "Link" field so when I try to use the menu item I get an error message. The "Link" field is not editable.

I can setup an external link menu item to www.yoursite.com/index.php?option=comprofiler and it works fine, taking me to my profile when I am logged in. Do you think I need to reinstall Community Builder to properly set up the User Profile link?

14 years 11 months ago #95653 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Can't view own profile
Possibly an error with your installation. I would suggest replacing all joomla files with latest joomla install and do the same for CB.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 11 months ago #95961 by billandre
Replied by billandre on topic Re:Can't view own profile
Hi again,

I reloaded Joomla and this problem went away. Thanks for your help.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn