[SOLVED] Unnamed user Profile Page

14 years 11 months ago #96631 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Unnamed user Profile Page
Have you established a public menu link for Profiles (required)? Are you using usernames or real names? Exact versions (see my signature)?

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #96766 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Unnamed user Profile Page
Check your database to see what the name fields show. You need to make sure the one you want displayed is also setup to be displayed in CBs Configuration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 11 months ago #96841 by LuckyBlindy
Replied by LuckyBlindy on topic Re:Unnamed user Profile Page
I solved my problem with unnamed..

I did a whole clean installation. I did the following:
- Deleted all records (jos_comprofiler) from the database
- New installation of CB 1.2
- Changed the following in configuration:
On General tab: name style on single name field and name format on username only
- Changed the following in field management:
Marked Name (1 line), first name and last name (2 lines) and username (1 line) as published in the profile.

Hope this helps others...

Others helped me to look in other directions and this lead to a solution for me. So thanks everybody... :)

Grtz,
Martin

Post edited by: LuckyBlindy, at: 2009/04/28 21:10

Post edited by: LuckyBlindy, at: 2009/04/28 21:17

14 years 10 months ago #97739 by sahughston
Replied by sahughston on topic Re:Unnamed user Profile Page
Nice. Thanks for helping with this!

I did what you suggested, but still have the same problem. I'm also having problems with fields not being populated from the Joomla User DataBase.

I don't know what do do about this. Is there a way to export my Joomla User Database, purge, and maybe start over without losing my other configs?

Damn, I feel like such a noob, but I just can't figure this one out.

Any CB Pro's want to help with a little one on one assistance?

I'VE GOT MONIES AND WILL PAY FOR HELP!!! (Seriously though, I really need to figure out some issues, so if any of you CB Pros want to help, you will be rewarded)

Thanks in advance.

DeepSea

www.deepseadivinglocker.com

Post edited by: sahughston, at: 2009/05/10 04:50

Post edited by: sahughston, at: 2009/05/11 01:56

14 years 9 months ago #102792 by henkwilms
Replied by henkwilms on topic Re:Unnamed user Profile Page
Hi there,

I experienced the same issue after upgrading to CB 1.2.1 on a Joomla 1.0.13 site.

Behaviour:
email address / username not shown on profile page, but as they're mandatory fields profile couldn't be updated
editor didn't show either, and the profile page said "unnamed user"

What I did to resolve this (on a locally restored backup of the site:) ) :
from the table <prefix>_comprofiler I removed the columns named:
name
email
username
password
params

Reason for this:
- the columns contained no data
- there are columns with the same name in the <prefix>_users table.

QUESTION: could any of the CB team members confirm this is the right approach? I'd like to be sure before applying it to my live site.

thanks & keep up the good work

14 years 9 months ago #102794 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Unnamed user Profile Page
name
email
username
password
params

Those columns should not exist in the comprofiler table. This indeed will cause conflict. You're welcome to remove them. (ensure you make a backup though as always with database changes)

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.348 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn