IE8 Lost Password/Username Ajax fields not working

14 years 11 months ago #96041 by imaaxx
Hello,

I am using Joomla 1.0.15 with a Rocket themes template and PHP 5, CB 1.2.

We have the Ajax lost password/username feature working perfectly in IE7 and Firefox, but not in IE8 with compatibility mode on or off, I know IE8 is only a month old but it will soon become a royal pain for us as it is out of BETA now.

Is there a way to turn off this Ajax feature to prevent this problem? So far I have only seen this with the Lost Password and Forgot Username fields…

I found one other post but since this seems to be an issue with IE8 only I thought it would be good to start a fresh posting.

Thanks again! Keep up the great work...
Alan

Post edited by: imaaxx, at: 2009/04/22 16:38

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #96189 by krileon
Likely just a bug with IE8. Too soon to be developing around an unstable browser. Don't want to fix something not broken to find it be fixed browser wise shortly down the road. ;)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 6 months ago #110588 by raggio
IE8 is now stable from some months, but the problem still persist. Any solution?

bye, Raggiuz :)

14 years 6 months ago #110594 by krileon
raggio wrote:

IE8 is now stable from some months, but the problem still persist. Any solution?

bye, Raggiuz :)

Please revert to default Joomla and CB templates and confirm if resolved or not. Ensure you're using latest release of your Joomla installation as well and have upgraded to CB 1.2.1.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/09/09 00:40

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 6 months ago #112065 by iiicarlos
hi I have the same problem too, does anyone have the solution or did encounter the same problem...?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn