CB, a "HARD" choice

14 years 10 months ago #98699 by popupnot
CB, a "HARD" choice was created by popupnot
Hi everyone,

I have been using CB for over a year now, I kinda like it, but the main reasone for using CB, was, at the time no other extentions did this, but time changes, and now we have about 15+ extention that do and promise the same, if not more.

Now for a community add on, it needs few basic but a "MUST HAVE" in a component.
Privacy is really a standard thing and not an extra, CB got none.
Groups, well you cant run a community site without grouos, CB got none.
Photos, all members like to share photos, if it wasnt for CB gallery, CB would have none, and still CB Gallery isnt that good (Still got bugs) although a big thank you to the developer.

All this should be built in, and not an extra, I am trying to stay "Faithful" to CB but it is getting harder and harder, I have tried the Not so new Joomsocial, and WOW, all the options are there, one component, now I know it is not free, but CB also is charging some, so .....
Anyway the reasone I am writting this is, I have been thinking about CB and joomsocial, and I am thinking hard on what to use on my site, and the only thing, that is making me consider CB right now, is loyality, I know it is sad, but if CB doesnt step up, mind will overcome the heart.

I really hope the CB team will take, actions very fast, or CB will be history, or just as a weekend hobby site development, and no "REAL" web site developers will consider it.

Thank you CB team, and I really hope, that you will make me change my minde soon ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #99291 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CB, a "HARD" choice
Privacy - CB Privacy plugin available to document subscribers
Groups - Groupjive (being developed further.. more information on this to come)
Photos - Profile Gallery, see nothing wrong with it. What do you suggest? Any improvements? Problems, what are they?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 10 months ago #99563 by popupnot
Replied by popupnot on topic Re:CB, a "HARD" choice
Hi!
For the group jiv it is still not in the stable version, so it is useless, and why not have groups built in CB rather than using 3rd party, anyway at the momment CB got no groups option.

CB gallery, is great (again a thank you to the developer) but it is not 100%, wont work in some templates, some users have problems in IE.

Anyway, what I meant we need to take CB very Seriously, rathe rthan a weekend project, and I am taking about users not developers.

Like I said I really like CB and the CB team, I WANT CB TO BE NUMBER 1!
lol

14 years 10 months ago #99570 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:CB, a
popupnot wrote:

Hi!
For the group jiv it is still not in the stable version, so it is useless, and why not have groups built in CB rather than using 3rd party, anyway at the momment CB got no groups option.

Groupjive will progress and become stable soon.

CB gallery, is great (again a thank you to the developer) but it is not 100%, wont work in some templates, some users have problems in IE.

Upgrade to CB Gallery 1.2 RC2 (available for doc subscribers) to get things working with Joomla 1.5.

Would be good to share what templates have problems and what users have IE problems and with what version of CB Gallery.

Anyway, what I meant we need to take CB very Seriously, rathe rthan a weekend project, and I am taking about users not developers.

Like I said I really like CB and the CB team, I WANT CB TO BE NUMBER 1!
lol

CB is number 1. It is more powerful than most can imagine. It is more of a platform.

14 years 5 months ago #112894 by popupnot
Replied by popupnot on topic Re:CB, a
Hi everyone!
Long time no see, moved to another country :)

Well I was coming back for CB, to do a web site for a customer of mine, and wow, I saw the new commercial addon, and thought yeah why not, BUT, and that is a big but, I saw the requirements,Now I was happy to pay for the commercial version, but i am not ready to install ionloader or whatever it name is, if I wanted to, there is a much bigger and more complex solution from another company, I would of used it ages ago.
I mean really we are paying for the thing, ok fine not all the code is open, but I wont install a 3rd party on my server just because the developer wanted so.

So with sadness i must say that will no longer use CB, for my pro development, I purchased a copy of Joomsocial and installed it, works fine no need for 3rd party installation on the server.

I dont know what is the deal with that thing, I mean wasnt paying for the addon enough?
Well thanks to the CB team and hope it grows, as for me I am only using it in my private site.
I think with that move Cb gave joomsocial a GREAT boost.

Good luck guys!

Post edited by: popupnot, at: 2009/10/02 10:52

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.502 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn