Perfectly Installed Language Plug-in Not Working??

15 years 1 day ago #93170 by cansungur
Hello everyone!

I installed CB 1.2 to my site, and it's working perfectly!
I also downloaded and installed a language plugin, Turkish language.
I activated the Turkish plugin for CB, and everything seems fine on the plugin menu... But everything remains in English?:ohmy:
Why?

I did just what I did on my localhost site, installing CB as documented, uploading the plugin thorugh CB's installation, and publishing the new plugin. Back on localhost, I never did anything specific, just installed the language pack and it worked, magically! But it's not working on the nets!

www.kariyerkocu.org here's the site, you can see CB here is in English! :)

I have not transferred my localhost to remotehost, I did an installation all from the scrath... So no problems there...

I checked the files on the remote host;
Joomla_Root/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/turkish they are very much in order...

I'm at a loss now, i don't know what to do... Both Turkish and English are looking active, but the user sees English language.

I don't know, maybe I'll over write the default_language.php if i can't solve this...

But there's no reason for this to not work!

Please help me out, guys! :(

Post edited by: cansungur, at: 2009/03/28 10:14
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #103649 by thunderrabbit
Replied by thunderrabbit on topic Re:Perfectly Installed Language Plug-in Not Working??
cansungur wrote:

I installed CB 1.2 to my site, and it's working perfectly!
I also downloaded and installed a language plugin, Turkish language.
I activated the Turkish plugin for CB, and everything seems fine on the plugin menu... But everything remains in English?:ohmy:
Why?

Any solution to this?

I have the same issue except for me it's CB 1.2.1, and the language that won't display is Japanese.

@cansungur, I see your site is all in Turkish now; how did you solve it?

My site is visible here:
php.robnugen.com/joomla1.5.11/2_sample_data_DNE/en_install/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers〈=ja

I have checked the files in my components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language directory. There are two sub directories:

default_language/

and

japanese/

They have the same permissions (755), and the same permissions for their corresponding files inside (644)

If I literally move file

japanese/japanese.php to default_language/default_language.php,

the page shows up in Japanese, so the contents of the file are correct.

I tried renaming the japanese/ folder to ja-JP/ but that didn't change anything.

It smells like something's not 'published' but Japanese language looks fine in the CB Plugin Manager (screenshot at twitpic.com/90s72/full).

Cheers!
- Rob

Joomla! 1.5.11
CB 1.2.1
Joom!Fish 2.0.3
PHP 5.2.6

Post edited by: thunderrabbit, at: 2009/07/02 07:30

14 years 8 months ago #103650 by thunderrabbit
Replied by thunderrabbit on topic delete
Tried to edit to fix attachment, but it made a new post. How can I delete this one?

Post edited by: thunderrabbit, at: 2009/07/02 11:36

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn