Virtualmin script

12 years 11 months ago #161986 by linaslin
Virtualmin script was created by linaslin
Hello,

For some unknown reason I have received a slurry of this e-mail. I am quite certain that I did not install or click on the link.

Please advise. Thank you.

Below is a simulation of the e-mail.

Original Message
Sent: 04/25/11 10:46 PM
To: username@mail.domain.com
Subject: Virtualmin script upgrades available

The following scripts managed by Virtualmin have new versions available, in the
virtual server designeblog.com :

Script name Old version New version

Joomla 1.5.22 1.5.23

Upgrades can be done in Virtualmin, on the page :
mydomainname.com:10000/virtual-server/list_scripts.cgi?dom=128959075310102

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #162083 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: Virtualmin script
This is an automated message from our hosting panel telling when your scripts installed from within the panel have a new version available.

In that case you can login normally login to your panel, select the virtual server (site) and click "Install scripts". There you will see updates available. Select the scripts to update and click the update button, and confirm the update. Before that, obviously take a backup of your site, as with any other type of updates. Our hosting panel has a convenient Backup menu where you can take a backup of the site.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

12 years 5 months ago #178038 by stillpondb
Replied by stillpondb on topic Re: Virtualmin script
Hi,

I am in Virtual admin and have found the backup tool, I am trying to determine which "backup destination" and also which "backup format" would be best--

Here is a copy of the choices, if needed--

"Backup destinations File or directory under virtualmin-backup/ FTP server SSH server Amazon S3 bucket Download in browser

Additional destination options Do strftime-style time substitutions on file or directory name
Transfer each virtual server after it is backed up
Backup format Single archive file One file per server (old format) One file per server
Create destination directory?"

I'm not sure I fully understand these, and am just looking for a simple and reliable backup before doing the new script installs.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,:)

John Phil

12 years 5 months ago #178056 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: Virtualmin script
Hi stillpondb,

For backup on server, you can backup into local "file or directory" into your /home/yourusername/
Or you can backup to another FTP server, or to an Amazon S3 bucket if you have one.
Or you can simply download the file to your own computer for offsite backup (if site is not too huge and you have an ADSL/Cable Internet connection that's the recommended one).

For download, select single archive file as browsers can download only one file per page-load.

Rest can be left in default settings.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: stillpondb

12 years 5 months ago #178077 by stillpondb
Thanks! :)

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #178418 by stillpondb
Hi,

Another question--

I am just getting ready to back up and it's already checked as "Transfer each virtual server after it is backed up"

There is also a second choice, "Do strftime-style time substitutions on file or directory name"

Will either of these hurt anything or should I check them?

Thanks, John Phil

Moderators: beatnantgcorbazkrileon
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn