Auto Expiring acounts using PayPal IPN?

14 years 8 months ago #103566 by apc
Well this looks like a superb and much needed component.

One crucial question.

Does CB Subs support monthly accounts with recurring monthly billing through PayPal, and, most importantly, does it fully support auto-expiring of accounts if a subscriber cancels their payment subscription through PayPal?

This really is fundamental, and only one other component I know of does this.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #103567 by beat
apc wrote:

Well this looks like a superb and much needed component.

One crucial question.

Does CB Subs support monthly accounts with recurring monthly billing through PayPal, and, most importantly, does it fully support auto-expiring of accounts if a subscriber cancels their payment subscription through PayPal?

This really is fundamental, and only one other component I know of does this.

Yes it does. :)

It also handles all exceptions fully automatically (e.g. a Paypal reversal would automatically suspend subscription, and if reversal is reversed (e.g. seller wins case, yes that happens too) then subscription are re-activated.

Also if you refund from Paypal a customer, it will automatically expire the corresponding subscriptions on your site.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 8 months ago #103572 by apc
Awesome! You just made my day :)

Will purchase soon.

One final question that occurs - again a function I have never seen before but which I regard as crucial:

Can content and access to content be "drip fed" according to subscription date?

Or to put it another way, can more and more content be made available each month to a member as in a course?

The reason I ask is because a major issue with monthly subscription sites is that a member will subscribe for a month, download everything, which might be years of content that other members have paid for every month, and then unsubscribe.

So I would like a means to make progressively more content available each month for each member.

I have thought about this and one way it could be done is using a bot where you place a tag in the content representing the number of days that a member has been subscribed, such as {30} etc, so CB Subs checks the subscription date and only makes that content available after 30 days.

This could also be used for controlling downloadable file access.

I hope that makes sense and I hope it is possible - it would make my day even more :)

Post edited by: apc, at: 2009/07/01 14:30

14 years 8 months ago #103575 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Auto Expiring acounts using PayPal IPN?
Sounds possible, but as far as difficulty to develop and time necessary I have no clue. Would seam like a rather simple thing to develop, but anything rarely ever is simple, lol.

The easiest approach I suppose is to set stuff to publish at certain dates, which articles already can do and some download components do as well.

Out of the box, no it's not available.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/07/01 15:04

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 8 months ago #103609 by apc
krileon wrote:

Sounds possible, but as far as difficulty to develop and time necessary I have no clue. Would seam like a rather simple thing to develop, but anything rarely ever is simple, lol.

The easiest approach I suppose is to set stuff to publish at certain dates, which articles already can do and some download components do as well.

Thanks anyway - it should definitely be on the wish list - it would make a lot of subscription site admins happy.

Publishing content by date, e.g. a month apart would not really work because it would assume all members had subscribed at the same time.

We need to publish or make available by member subscription date.

14 years 8 months ago #103614 by beat
apc wrote:

krileon wrote:

Thanks anyway - it should definitely be on the wish list - it would make a lot of subscription site admins happy.

Publishing content by date, e.g. a month apart would not really work because it would assume all members had subscribed at the same time.

We need to publish or make available by member subscription date.

Certainly an interesting feature, that we have on plans, together with a few other hot marketing features.

You need to have whole articles, sections, categories, components and modules that way ?

Or as suggested above have a mambot/content plugin hiding parts of articles for a given time after subscription start ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn