Shopping cart feature with CB sub

14 years 8 months ago #106002 by amir777
Shopping cart feature with CB sub was created by amir777
I am considering to purchase the CB Sub plug-in. I have a major concern; I would like to know whether it is possible to add other optional services to specific membership packages that member may choose to buy at the time of registration or any time after becoming member as per his/her requirement.

Here is an example, a member buys a Silver membership package to the site, and he may choose to also buy a ‘Featured Listing Advertising Services for 3 months’ as additional service (this may occur at the time of registration or any time after)

I guess it comes down to whether there is a shopping cart capability here. I am hoping that I would be able to add a tab for offering additional services after registration and also those options offered during registration.

thx

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #106005 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Shopping cart feature with CB sub
CBSubs is not a shopping cart. This might be added later, I don't know, but it's not a priority.

You can use Virtuemart or some other store component and control it with CBSubs (you can't control the checkout with CBSubs).

CBSubs has baskets though and you are capable of making multiple purchases at once. It will also keep the baskets if the user is to return and wish to finish their purchase.

What you're asking for is already implemented though. A user can purchase merchandise, donate, or subscribe to new plans after registration as long as the plan is configured to do so (is by default).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 8 months ago #106083 by amir777
Replied by amir777 on topic Re:Shopping cart feature with CB sub
It will also keep the baskets if the user is to return and wish to finish their purchase

Does it mean member is able to purchase services any time after becoming a member, although the item was not originally placed in the basket?

One last question, is it possible to associate specific set of services to each type of membership packages?

Thx.

14 years 8 months ago #106095 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Shopping cart feature with CB sub
amir777 wrote:

It will also keep the baskets if the user is to return and wish to finish their purchase

Does it mean member is able to purchase services any time after becoming a member, although the item was not originally placed in the basket?

One last question, is it possible to associate specific set of services to each type of membership packages?

Thx.

Please re-read my previous post.
"What you're asking for is already implemented though. A user can purchase merchandise, donate, or subscribe to new plans after registration as long as the plan is configured to do so (is by default)."

Yes plans can control various aspects of your Joomla and CB powered site. That is its intended purpose. You can review further information about CBSubs here .

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn