Chronoforms +> CBSubs

14 years 8 months ago #106130 by daemonhunt
Chronoforms +> CBSubs was created by daemonhunt
EDIT:

I have moved this post to the right forum section:

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,88/id,106160/#106160

---

Hello

I am using Chronoforms to handle complex, multipage forms (because of flexibility in layout). The form passes all the entered data from fields onto Community Builder well so far and registration works a treat.

Separately, I have set up CBSubs subscription types, and tested them all using their respective URL's (they are all exclusive subscription types of varying amounts/terms). These work very well also.

Now, I know you can access a specific membership type using:
[code:1]...index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&do=displayplans&plans=[X][/code:1]
I have hidden all the CB fields at registration, so I am left with only a checkbox (selected by default) of the particualr subscription plan. This is great!

Now, my question is this: How do I handle the submit code from the last page of my Chronoforms to be passed onto this CBSubs "displayplan" page? Initially before the user begins to fill in the Chronoform, he/she chooses the plan that they are interested in and that value triggers a specific form, which in turn I would like to trigger the particular CBSubs "displayplan" page for finialising the plan and process the ensuing payment options/processing etc.

Chronoforms is quite brilliant, and one can virtually customise everything. There is a place where one can place extra before onsubmit code, or extra after onsubmit code... I wonder if this is where I place code that forward the user on to the "displayplan" form?

I wonder what this submission code would be? I know that when one hits Submit, Chronoforms populates all the CB fields, so I feel that after submit, something needs to happen to move smoothly onto the CBSubs form.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Post edited by: daemonhunt, at: 2009/07/27 04:26

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #106131 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Chronoforms +> CBSubs
I'm not experienced with Chromoforms, but you mention being able to forward after submission. Just forward the user to the plan link as given above.

You can also forward to subscription page listing multiple subscriptions by using this format: &plans=1-3-6

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 8 months ago #106136 by daemonhunt
Replied by daemonhunt on topic Re:Chronoforms +> CBSubs
I'd prefer it if someone with Chronoforms experience answered otherwise it's just guesswork.

Even if you have forms experience in general, that may be enough.

I think Onsubmit code is a clue. This means that I'm trying to find a way to customise an Onsubmit request from a form to CBSubs.

It'd be even more ideal if the code just bypassed the "displayplan" form and went straight to the next CBSubs step (the thank you or the payment page), as the user has already selected the plan they wish.

14 years 8 months ago #106139 by daemonhunt
Replied by daemonhunt on topic Re:Chronoforms +> CBSubs
Okay I was just trying a redirect after submission, but of course that won't work.

The information submitted in the form needs specific info to also be submitted to CBSubs for finalising the subscription process - specifically: firstname, lastname, email, username, password.

I don't want duplicate entry requirements that will annoy my users (e.g having to enter user data twice), and I don't want personal information added as a last step either... it must be first. Thus why I'm wondering how to post data to CBSubs.

Eventually, I will be wanting the form to post address data so these fields are automatically filled out when the user moves onto payment.

Thanks Again

14 years 8 months ago #106184 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Chronoforms +> CBSubs
The fields are automatically filled out if you go to CBSubs Settings and change the first value fields of those fields.

Example: Chromoforms posts to: cb_email. For the invoice emails first value. Select cb_email; then when they register that information will also be used for the email address in cbsubs invoicing.

A lot of important checks are made in the CBSubs process. Not 1 part of it you can bypass safely, sorry. Redirecting to plan selection page will have to do.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn