Can CBSubs Do This...

14 years 8 months ago #106309 by aboutimage
Can CBSubs Do This... was created by aboutimage
Hello,

I have a few questions regarding the capability of CBSubs. I'm an experienced Joomla Developer, however, I am a complete CB neophyte. Before I buy, I would like to give you a general idea of what I'd like my CBSubs site to do, and you can tell me if it's possible:

I want to allow businesses in a particular industry (heating and air conditioning) to be able to advertise their business on the site. The level of visibility their business gets depends upon the level of subscription. For example:

--> Free Subscriber == (1) business name and (2) phone number
--> Plan A == (1) name, (2) number, (3) profile, (4) website
--> Plan B == (1) all of the above, (2) Better Business Bureau listing

In short, the PUBLIC won't be subscribing to my site; they'll simply be viewing it to search for a business that fits their needs. I want BUSINESSES to pay subscriptions that give their business additional levels of visibility to the public viewers.

I suppose I'm also assuming that CBSubs can hide or display a subscriber's information to the public depending upon the plan they've chosen?

Also, is it possible to allow a subscriber to pick and choose options they want? Or do I have to "hard code" levels of subscriptions containing more and more options?

Post edited by: aboutimage, at: 2009/07/28 08:06

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #106343 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Can CBSubs Do This...
All of what you're asking is very doable with the CBSubs protection plugin which can protect fields and/or tabs based on subscription.

You can create a parent plan with multiple child plans being non-exclusive that add new features. This would allow businesses to design their package.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 8 months ago #106372 by aboutimage
Replied by aboutimage on topic Re:Can CBSubs Do This...
Outstanding! :) :)

Looks like I'll be pulling out that credit card, then!

Thanks so much for the reply.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.498 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn