Searches

14 years 8 months ago #107428 by Deaddingo
Searches was created by Deaddingo
Hi

Is it possible for CB (along with CBSubs) to make a specific group only able to search users from another specific group

aka:

I would like to have 3 different groups
1) general public
2) staff
3) companies

I would like the companies to be able to search staff and only get a list of staff that have selected a hidden field in their profile that says if they are looking for jobs or not.

The staff would be able to search all companies

The general public can search all staff and all companies.

With regards to the staff (in relation to the companies searching them) Would I need to have 2 different groups for that.
Staff - looking for work
Staff - not looking for work
and depending on whether or not the hidden field is checked yes or no, would be automatically moved to the relevant group.

Hope the above makes sense (if not then let me know and I will try to explain it a different way)

Thanks in advance

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #107435 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Searches
I'm actually doing something somewhat like this on my site. First create 3 lists identical to each other.

Now add a filter to Staff to filter by a field (e.g. `cb_lookingforwork` = '1'). This used as a checkbox will mean if cb_lookingforwork is checked then the user will show.

All you need is 3 userlists and add some filtering. CBSubs doesn't even need to be involved unless you want to limit what subscriber can see what userlist or you want to use CBSubs Fields to change a persons field value based on subscription.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 8 months ago #107437 by Deaddingo
Replied by Deaddingo on topic Re:Searches
Thanks for that.

I will give it a go. I think i will still need CBSubs to allow for the 3 different registration type pages (different fields per group type)

I am sure I will have loads more questions nearer the time so apologies in advance

(I am just doing the ground work at the moment to see what modules I will need to buy)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.349 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn