Before I buy Questions?

14 years 8 months ago #107538 by rizzyc
Before I buy Questions? was created by rizzyc
Hello, I have a client who needs some specific functions. Let me explain in brief
  • I have a Joomla (1.5.x) with two distinct user groups and community bulder installed
  • I would like two completely different registration forms
  • I need the two groups to not have access to each others content
  • I need one group to be able to have access to only the SOBI2 add entry button
  • I need the other group two have access to the SOBI2 business directory only
  • I currently have problem restricting one group from the SOBI2 because once I restrict one group the other group automatically loses access because the SOBI2 is one component
  • Can CBSUBS allow me to control which links are shown to which user groups and how easily is this implemented?
  • Is the fee a one time fee, what sort of maintenance is provided for the first year?
Thank You, if you need any more information please respond below.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #107589 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Before I buy Questions?
All of this is possible using CBSubs WITHOUT using altered usertypes.

You can create unique registration forms by hiding fields on the registration form based on the subscription.

You can restrict URLs or parts of URLs as well as menu links, components, etc... on a subscription by subscription basis.

The fee is a one time fee and is based off how many users you have. Maintenance includes upgrades to newer versions of CBSubs, basic forum support, and more.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn