Stripe

6 years 8 months ago #295969 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Stripe

cpaschen wrote: Thanks for that link.
I read the description of the extension and they say it uses the 'redirect' function of Stripe.
I've never seen any stripe payment gateway that uses a re-direct. One of the advantages of Stripe is that you don't have to have that re-direct (like paypal). I think these developers missed a key feature of Stripe.

So we'll probably continue to pursue a more 'proper' use of stripe gateway as an option for our needs and possibly others here.

You can ask that developer to make the changes - I believe you can actually sponsor the development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 8 months ago #295991 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic Stripe
Hi Nick,

You had mentioned in an earlier reply to this thread that you may have developers that you could recommend. Could you send me the info so I can also explore options?

Thanks!

6 years 8 months ago #296010 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Stripe

AlexRag wrote: Hi Nick,

You had mentioned in an earlier reply to this thread that you may have developers that you could recommend. Could you send me the info so I can also explore options?

Thanks!

I gave the developers site in previous response.

6 years 7 months ago #296619 by Swisss
Replied by Swisss on topic Stripe
A bit late to the party but Yes, I'm definately interested in a (proper) Stripe payment gateway. I use Stripe on all my ecommerce sites and love it.

Note - I'm a Joomla/CB Subs total newbie - currently reading through all the documentation and liking what I see. Planning to install Oct 2017 and be up to speed and operational by Dec 2017. It would be good if a Stripe gateway was available by then.

6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #296672 by Swisss
Replied by Swisss on topic Stripe
I checked out the Developer referred to earlier and I'm certainly NOT impressed - a one line description with a buy button! Compare this to the Open Cart Stripe developer that has a whole page of info / details / links / videos / instructions / customer feedback comments / etc and two Stripe Gateway options!
www.opencart.com/index.php?route=marketplace/extension/info&extension_id=31211

I asked the OC developer if they had or could do a CB Subs Stripe Payment Gateway - Unfortunately not - a bit of a long shot but worth asking.

Another option would be to use a third party check out system to hook up to CB Subs that includes Stripe et al - e.g. Foxy Cart or Mal's Ecommerce and let the 3rd party system handle all the payments irrespective of individual gateways. This also has the benefit of off-loading the PCI requirements and possibly SSL (although most sites nowadays have SSL as a matter of course). Has anyone explored this option?

Considering that Stripe is now as prevalent as PayPal I'm disappointed that Stripe is not included with CB Subs out-of-the-box.

6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #296697 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Stripe

Considering that Stripe is now as prevalent as PayPal I'm disappointed that Stripe is not included with CB Subs out-of-the-box.

Because it's just not that simple. PayPal it's 1 API request and you're done. Stripe you need 5-6. You need to create the Customer, the Plan, the Subscription, then charge it. What's worse is all of this needs to be kept track of. The Customer ID needs to be stored and matched to the user for reuse otherwise you'd be generating duplicate customers on every purchase in Stripe, which isn't clear if that's ok or not. Their convoluted API is what stops this from being a possibility. I don't have months of time to give up trying to figure out their API and how we're going to handle it in CBSubs, which was designed for PayPal (the database structure of payments is modeled after PayPal). If their API was simpler then we'd have Stripe already, but as is I do not have the time for it. With all of that said we still do have a feature ticket to implement a Stripe gateway; I just have no idea as to when.

For anyone trying to implement this my best suggestion is to create a database table to link customer id with user_id. Next when create plans generate them with an id that's predictable (e.g. cbsubsPLAN_ID_HERE) so they can easily be recalled. The plans may need to be unique per user though. From there you should finally be able to make the HTTP request to create the subscription and store its ID to the basket.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds