Stripe

6 years 7 months ago #297270 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Stripe

For most of the clients I've worked with (and those I've talked with at our JUG) people are only using cards for online payments (at least here in the US), so just supporting all the CCards would be great for us here.

All the card methods that Stripe supports have all been tested working. I've also implemented both of their payment APIs. You can use Checkout (popup form) or Elements (inline form) methods as desired. Default is Elements as it seamlessly fits within CBSubs.

Stripe is officially done (single payments only). We've some final review and install testing to do, but should be released sometime this week if no issues.

Also - can you give details on sponsoring the recurring part?
I have a client that will need recurring and is willing to sponsor.

You'll need to contact us privately regarding sponsoring recurring payments. However it's a time issue more than anything. I've already paused all development to push single payment Stripe gateway as quickly as possible. Single payments are very easy to implement API wise. It's a simple charge API call with a source. Subscriptions are different. Subscriptions require a Customer, Plan, and Subscription object. Believe CBSubs can get away with just tracking the Subscription ID, but it's a lot more complicated dealing with recurring payments and are often the reason gateways are expensive to develop.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swisss

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 7 months ago #297283 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic Stripe
Thanks for doing this Kyle! Looking forward to trying this out.

For recurring, I'll stick with using the one available via PayPal - That has worked pretty well so far.

6 years 7 months ago #297295 by Swisss
Replied by Swisss on topic Stripe

krileon wrote: What payment methods is everyone expecting from this? .... The gateway is basically done if all everyone needs is Cards. The other payment methods are not implemented and would likely significantly impact development time.

Cards are all I would need at the moment and probably single payments would suffice.

Many thanks for doing this and so quickly too!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #297317 by krileon
Stripe is officially released. You can download it below.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/cb-paid-subscriptions

Please be sure to also update CBSubs as the Stripe gateway required some changes to CBSubs API.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlexRag, Swisss

6 years 6 months ago #297744 by krileon
Ok, have went through and fixed several of our gateways. I'm now back to Stripe to reviewing recurring payments. Please note this is not a guarantee, but will be trying to implement recurring payments for Stripe and will see how it goes. Feedback on existing single payments implement greatly welcomed.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #297872 by krileon
Recurring payments officially implemented. Changes are under review to be merged and released in a future CBSubs build. Customer handling, plan handling, and subscription handling all implemented. Webhooks are supported, but not mandatory and if not present will use CBSubs scheduler to check for recurring payment status. Note as with all recurring there is often a delay so a 1 day grace period or at minimum 3 hour grace period is highly recommended.

To avoid tons and tons of duplicate plans at stripe plans will be generated at stripe from price, currency, duration, and plan id. This allows them to be reused for multiple subscription records to prevent bloating your Stripe account with a plan per basket, which was originally being implemented. Customer objects can now also be optionally enabled for single payments if you want to attach single payments to Stripe customers as well.

I've also fixed the extremely slow HTTP requests as it was due to our API using HTTP 1.1 while Stripe is HTTP 1.0. Since CBSubs API has been improved to use either/or payments are not basically instant instead of taking roughly 30 seconds to a minute.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds