Stripe

6 years 6 months ago #298199 by cpaschen
Replied by cpaschen on topic Stripe
We're now doing our first testing of the recurring - well trying to.

In the stripe gateway I created I have "Enable Stripe E-Payments" that only has "Enable single payments" or "No".

Are there instructions somewhere on how to get recurring payments to work with Stripe for subscriptions?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 6 months ago #298233 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Stripe
Recurring hasn't released yet. It's still pending review and merge for release. Just a bad timing issue as Beat has taken some time off when the merge request was proposed. Once he's back it'll be reviewed and merged.

As a side note once I've finished CB Connect 7.1.0 I'm going to take a look at what it'll take to support Stripes other payment methods line SEPA, Bitcoin, etc..

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 6 months ago #298246 by cpaschen
Replied by cpaschen on topic Stripe
Ah ... THAT explains why I couldn't get it to work (it wasn't there).
We'll just blame this one on Beat! :-)

I'll wait and watch to give it a test.

One-off looks good so far with some initial tests.

6 years 6 months ago #298270 by krileon

One-off looks good so far with some initial tests.

Great! Things should improve even more with next release since I found out what was causing the slow HTTP requests so making payments should become a lot quicker (nearly instant instead of 30s-1m).

I'll be reviewing the other payment methods Stripe provides today as well so hopefully in the coming weeks everyone will be able to utilize the other payment methods like SEPA payments, etc..

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #298440 by krileon
Just another Stripe update. Recurring payments are now available in latest CBSubs build (please be sure to update CBSubs AND Stripe).

As for future releases I am still working on supporting all of the available payment methods noted below.

stripe.com/docs/sources

So far I've successfully implemented support for the following payment methods (not released yet!).

SEPA (Untested due to bug at Stripe; in contact with support regarding this)
Bitcoin
ACH Credit Transfer
Alipay
iDeal
Bancontact

The idea is this could potentially be a powerful 1 stop shop payment gateway. It supports all the features CBSubs needs and provides multiple payment methods from around the world.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

6 years 5 months ago #298475 by krileon
Ok, I have all Stripe payment methods officially implemented. They are as follows.

Cards (Visa, MasterCard, etc..)
Alipay
ACH Credit Transfer
Bancontact
Bitcoin
Giropay
iDeal
P24
SEPA Direct Debt
SOFORT

A few notes regarding the above. Only Cards and SEPA can be used for recurring payments. The other payment methods are single use. This means it is not possible to recurring bill them and is just the nature of how those payments work. SEPA at this time is disabled as I still have not been able to test it due to an issue in Stripes end, but as soon as I can verify it is working we'll enable it.

The above additional payment methods (Cards method already available) should be available likely sometime next week.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds