CBSubs 4.0 without upgrading Community Builder?

7 years 7 months ago #285093 by nant

jimstrong wrote: I am always a little uncertain on your pricing, but I think I would need the Professional Membership (starting at €88 for 3 months) to get support for CB 2.x and then a further €176 to purchase CBSubs 4.x - is that correct?

Correct - you need CBSubs subscription to get latest CBSubs version and to get support for 1 year.

Yes, a Professional membership purchase will also give you CB support and many extra add-ons that are also very useful for your websites.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 7 months ago #285094 by jimstrong
Replied by jimstrong on topic CBSubs 4.0 without upgrading Community Builder?
Great; thanks a lot for clarifying!

I'll probably fix the current problem with the existing setup (to avoid introducing too many variables) and then upgrade as a second step.

Jim

7 years 7 months ago #285459 by jimstrong
Hi again

Is there anywhere I can see a listing of the changes from CB 1.9.1 to 2.0.x?

Thanks!

Jim

7 years 7 months ago #285461 by beat

jimstrong wrote: Hi again

Is there anywhere I can see a listing of the changes from CB 1.9.1 to 2.0.x?

Thanks!

Jim

CB 2.0 is a major new release. The list of features and bug-fixes can be searched at our forge (support menu), but it is a very major release, with about 50% rewritten and tons of new features!

CB 2.0 has a lot of backwards compatibility included, so that most CB plugins written for CB 1.9 will continue to work with CB 2.0 without changes or minor ones.

So no way to just diff.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

7 years 7 months ago #285463 by jimstrong
Oh OK - thanks - will take a look!

I'm just trying to pre-answer a customer's questions:- although CB 1.9.1 is no longer supported, is it fair to say that it remains a secure option for a company that is happy with its functionality? (I know earlier you referred to upgrading for security reasons, but that might have been for CBSubs)?

Thanks a lot
Jim

7 years 7 months ago #285464 by jimstrong
Just to be clear - it's possible that they may decide to stop taking payment online, so the need for CBSubs would fall away if that were the case.

Jim

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn