how do create a status icon on the canvas?

7 years 7 months ago #285825 by jjsjjs
Hi,

we are running a non-profit site for veterans.
Members are asked to donate yearly on freely basis, meaning they may donate but are not obligated to. They will not be excluded or whatever.
But this this community relies on a bit extra income to organize meetings for their members.

- How can i create like a status icon on for example the canvas when a member did or did not donate
- Only the member can see on his own page if he/she did or did not donate as a reminder
- An other member can visit someone else's user page but may not see the status icon, as he has nothing to do with someone else his donation behaviour, so the statuis icon is private
- The administrator for example is the only one who can enable the Did donate or Did not Donate status

is doable with the fields or lists options?
or is there a free plugin available who can do something like this?

thanks a lot for any help on this.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 7 months ago #285855 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic how do create a status icon on the canvas?
Lets assume it's a checkbox field. If it is you'd set that checkbox field to be edit only by a moderator by using CB Privacy. Next you'd set it to forced privacy controls and set the default to Private. The checkbox field now has the access permissions you're wanting. Now for the icon part of it. You'll need to edit the Layout parameters of the field to override how it displays. For example the profile value layout for the checkbox field could be as follows.

[cb:if cb_donated="1"]<span class="fa fa-check"></span>[/cb:if]
[cb:if cb_donated!="1"]<span class="fa fa-times"></span>[/cb:if]

The above would show a checkmark if the checkbox field cb_donated is checked. If it's not it'd show an X. This is done using fontawesome icons (you have access to fontawesome icons within CB so feel free to use whichever you like). This is done using IF substitutions as documented below.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

Finally you'd just place the field on a tab that's in one of the canvas header positions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 7 months ago #285863 by jjsjjs
Replied by jjsjjs on topic how do create a status icon on the canvas?
Hi Kyle,
great!
Just tried it on my own profile and it seems to work, just great!

So this CB Privacy would do the trick that only hte member can see it from himself but not from another?
If so i'll have to request via the Chairman of our association if they willing to buy this plug-in.

Now i have to see how to enable the last part of the Fontawesome.

Thanks so far.
You've been a great help.

Kind regards,
Jerry

7 years 7 months ago #285865 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic how do create a status icon on the canvas?

So this CB Privacy would do the trick that only hte member can see it from himself but not from another?

Correct.

Now i have to see how to enable the last part of the Fontawesome.

Fontawesome is already enabled. You just need to adjust the CSS class to whatever icon you want from the below.

fontawesome.io/icons/

We're on version 4.5 so you won't be able to use the 4.6 icons yet.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 7 months ago #285866 by jjsjjs
Replied by jjsjjs on topic how do create a status icon on the canvas?
Thank you very much Kyle!

I just love it, some tricks you have to ask, i don't think i would have found out myself.

Cheers!
Jerry
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn