Auto actions plugin

7 years 6 months ago #286592 by znort
Auto actions plugin was created by znort
Hi there,

I am looking at yours plugins and I think that the auto actions meet my needs, but before buy it I'd like to know if with it I can do the followings:

1) on failed login
stay on the same page and show only a error message (without be redirected to the cb login page)

2) on valid login
open a welcome page in a modal popup (and stay in the same page)

3) autologin for the new registered users (after e-mail confirmation)

Thank's

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 6 months ago #286613 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Auto actions plugin

1) on failed login
stay on the same page and show only a error message (without be redirected to the cb login page)

Possibly. You'd use the onLoginFailed trigger where the second variable (accessed with [var2]) is the return url. You'd use a redirect action on that trigger and set the URL to [var2]. Suggest trying this on the demo site.

2) on valid login
open a welcome page in a modal popup (and stay in the same page)

This it likely can't do. The reason for this is the user is redirected after successful login back to their previous location. The modal window is JS. The modal window JS would need to execute at the redirect destination, which may or may not have a trigger CB Auto Actions can act on to add your JS to open a modal window. If it was a static page then it's more likely you could do this.

3) autologin for the new registered users (after e-mail confirmation)

Yes, auto login is possible. Our demo site is utilizing this already for the quick login as buttons.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 6 months ago #286619 by znort
Replied by znort on topic Auto actions plugin
Hi Kyle
thank's for the answer:

1) on failed login

Possibly. You'd use the onLoginFailed trigger where the second variable (accessed with [var2]) is the return url. 
You'd use a redirect action on that trigger and set the URL to [var2]. Suggest trying this on the demo site.

As you suggest, I had done some tests but the redirect still go to cb login page, maybe I do something wrong !
The following is the last configuration that I tried without luck:

trigger -> onLoginFailed
type -> redirect
user -> manual
user variable -> variable 2
action -> URL return
(the error message work !)

Actually I don't understand how to "set the URL to [var2]"

I looked for some documetation but I don't found it. Can you explain me more explicit please?

Thank's

7 years 6 months ago #286621 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Auto actions plugin

znort wrote: Hi Kyle
thank's for the answer:

1) on failed login

Possibly. You'd use the onLoginFailed trigger where the second variable (accessed with [var2]) is the return url. 
You'd use a redirect action on that trigger and set the URL to [var2]. Suggest trying this on the demo site.

As you suggest, I had done some tests but the redirect still go to cb login page, maybe I do something wrong !
The following is the last configuration that I tried without luck:

trigger -> onLoginFailed
type -> redirect
user -> manual
action -> URL return
(the error message work !)

Actually I don't understand how to "set the URL to [var2]"

I looked for some documetation but I don't found it. Can you explain me more explicit please?

Thank's

This is a presales forum.
If you have support questions, please use the Single Add-on support forum and whan you post please provide exact version of Joomla/CB/CB Auto Actions.

7 years 6 months ago #286622 by znort
Replied by znort on topic Auto actions plugin
I made some test on Your demo site to see if meet my needs before buy it.

7 years 6 months ago #286658 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Auto actions plugin

user -> manual

Leave this as Automatic. You need to set the URL parameter under Action to [var2].

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn