Directory search page for users - native in CB or add-on required

7 years 2 months ago #290764 by Dan_G
Hello

I apologize for my ignorance with CB that has been such a boon in the furthering of web design using the Joomla CMS.

We are building a national website and for the regional prototype we used RSDirectory and RSForms to accomplish our goals.
The Map based search page was filterable and the map search results would take the site user to the proper "member profile" page.

I am wary of using RS*** for the national site for numerous reasons.

So I was wondering of the capabilities of CB and any needed addons to do this for the site users:

1. site user goes to Google map page.
2. they then select the filtering actions to narrow the search
3. from the search results they can click on that link and be taken to the proper Member profile page.

For site members they should be able to make a payment which would allow them to create their profile page.

Any input you could provide on this would be very much appreciated.

Dan Gryn

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 2 months ago #290845 by krileon
We have no Google map plugin of any kind. We also do not have a radius search field usage for searching within a radius of zip codes or anything of the sort. You'd need a 3rd party plugin or extension for that. Several users here have used Geocode Factory to provide such functionality, but I've no experience with it. If you don't mind foregoing the map or radius based searching then a userlist, which is built in functionality of CB, can search exact addresses or partial addresses at least.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn