CB Gallery Plugin

7 years 2 months ago #290778 by juliankinkaid
CB Gallery Plugin was created by juliankinkaid
I would like to be able to upload a specific file, like a Word doc to an individual's User profile. I understand from a previous post I read that CB Gallery plugin might allow me to do this. My questions are as follows:
Will CB Gallery allow me to do this, specifically using this file format i.e. MS Word .doc or .docx?
Will it also allow me to add, for instance, File A to User A and File B to User B etc?
Is there also a way to restrict the upload facility so that only Super-Users can upload and only the recipient can download?

Thanks.
J

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 2 months ago #290789 by nant
Replied by nant on topic CB Gallery Plugin

juliankinkaid wrote: I would like to be able to upload a specific file, like a Word doc to an individual's User profile. I understand from a previous post I read that CB Gallery plugin might allow me to do this. My questions are as follows:
Will CB Gallery allow me to do this, specifically using this file format i.e. MS Word .doc or .docx?
Will it also allow me to add, for instance, File A to User A and File B to User B etc?
Is there also a way to restrict the upload facility so that only Super-Users can upload and only the recipient can download?

Thanks.
J

Welcome to our forums!

Thanks for using Community Builder which is free and is basically funded by donationa and paid subscriptions to support and additional add-ons.

I suggest you download and study the also free CB Primer Book.
You can create file fields with Community Builder and make these fields read only - this means that only backend admins can edit these.

To make a field only viewable to profile owner you would need the CB Privacy plugin (part of the professional subscription).

7 years 2 months ago #290847 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Gallery Plugin
Yes, this is doable. CB Gallery can provide unlimited galleries. Whether through a field, through a new page, or even inside of a Joomla article. It does this by using an "asset" to determine where a gallery entry belongs.

The gallery tab provided with CB Gallery won't provide this out of the box as you currently can not change the asset and you need to use a custom asset to prevent allowing the profile owner to edit or delete the gallery items you upload. So to do this you'd create a gallery field. Then you'd set the asset to something like "private.[user_id]" (exactly that except without quotes). This would generate a gallery private to the profile it's displayed on, but the access to create gallery entries will be entirely based off whatever create access you set (e.g. this could be just your super users).

You can then set the gallery field as Private privacy using CB Privacy. You can also customize what file types are allowed to upload (.doc is permitted by default) so that shouldn't be an issue. This should cover your usecase exactly. However I encourage you to try this out on our demo site below.

demo.cbdemosites.com/

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: juliankinkaid

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn