CB Activity 4.0

7 years 2 months ago #291100 by tjohns92109
CB Activity 4.0 was created by tjohns92109
I have a client that wants to update to a new membership, but only when CB Activity 4.0 is released. The ability to 'like' something is a necessity if you want a social network that's anything like Facebook. Granted, FB will have many more features like FB Live, find nearby friends, etc. But 'liking' something is a basic social network function that is needed in this individual case. Was just wondering if there's any kind of timeframe or goal for releasing it.

Also, if a new membership is purchased, will it grant access to CB Activity 4.0 beta?

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 2 months ago #291158 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Activity 4.0
There won't be a beta. It'll be released when it's done. You can follow progress on our forge below. Existing usages of CB Activity will migration as best as possible as well so you can begin using CB Activity now and upgrade later once released.

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/cb-activity/issues

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 2 months ago #291164 by tjohns92109
Replied by tjohns92109 on topic CB Activity 4.0
Thanks. We'll wait to upgrade/purchase new membership. If we purchase a new membership and it takes too long to release v4.0, then we won't be able to download it anyway with an expired membership.

7 years 2 months ago #291183 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Activity 4.0
CB Activity 4.0.0 will absolutely be out in the duration of the shortest subscription (3 month professional). By end of this month is what I'm aiming for if I don't run into any hiccups along the way. A progress update was blogged below.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18722-cb-activity-4-0-0-moving-forward

I'll probably blog each major addition (e.g. when Links is added).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tjohns92109

7 years 2 months ago #291188 by tjohns92109
Replied by tjohns92109 on topic CB Activity 4.0
I don't think you like to mention time frames on releases, so this is much appreciated. Even if it takes longer, at least we have an idea on how to implement some features that are needed with v4.0 (whether to write them from scratch or renew subscription & wait). Thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

7 years 1 month ago #291922 by fra11
Replied by fra11 on topic CB Activity 4.0 follow function
Hello, i got an e-mail about the last CB activity. It says there is a the "following function coming up as a CB field type." Is it possible to check this field type feature on the CB demo administrator area (I checked it but did not find anything in the fields management area)?
Bests,

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn