Privacy Options

7 years 2 weeks ago #292151 by WDW
Privacy Options was created by WDW
Looking through the GroupJive book/manual that you publish it specifically mentions the ability to form private groups via a parameter setting with Kunena. Some of my questions have not been addressed in reading the documentation, but these are critical to us before we purchase.

1. Private Groups - are these shown in the groups listing or can private groups also remain anonymous - i.e., they are not seen in group listings or searches.
2. Can groups be private - meaning not just forum discussions are private, but group members, photos or anything else posted in that group is private? I.e. does the group have it's own section, with group news, etc. or is it just a wrapper for forum posts?
3. Can a user set his/her profile to private?
4. Can a user post anonymously? We would like to allow this feature within groups, not sure it would be desirable in public forums, but if so, ideally admins could see the poster but not regular members.
5. Can user posts/pages/pics/etc. be limited to friends?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 2 weeks ago - 7 years 2 weeks ago #292187 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Privacy Options

Looking through the GroupJive book/manual that you publish it specifically mentions the ability to form private groups via a parameter setting with Kunena.

You can make private groups and it has nothing to do with Kunena. It's simply the Type of group created (you select the Type during group create whether on frontend or backend).

1. Private Groups - are these shown in the groups listing or can private groups also remain anonymous - i.e., they are not seen in group listings or searches.

Private groups are not visible at all unless the viewing user was invited to it. The only means of joining is to be invited.

2. Can groups be private - meaning not just forum discussions are private, but group members, photos or anything else posted in that group is private? I.e. does the group have it's own section, with group news, etc. or is it just a wrapper for forum posts?

All functionality of the group is private. Photos, videos, forum posts, etc.. You can only access the group and view its contents if you're a member of that group.

3. Can a user set his/her profile to private?

Yes, using CB Privacy.

4. Can a user post anonymously? We would like to allow this feature within groups, not sure it would be desirable in public forums, but if so, ideally admins could see the poster but not regular members.

No, there are no anonymous posting features.

5. Can user posts/pages/pics/etc. be limited to friends?

To an extent, yes. For example CB Gallery would be what is used for uploading photos you could then protect the entire Gallery using CB Privacy, but can not protect on a per photo basis at this time.

Feel free to try all of this on our demo site below.

demo.cbdemosites.com/

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 2 weeks ago #292196 by WDW
Replied by WDW on topic Privacy Options
Many Thanks. I did my best to try this out of the demo site, but couldn't log on as another user to see what could be seen / not seen - a problem I'm finding on most sites as I try to compare privacy features.

In any case, looks like CB has what we need.

Thanks again.

7 years 2 weeks ago #292202 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Privacy Options

WDW wrote: Many Thanks. I did my best to try this out of the demo site, but couldn't log on as another user to see what could be seen / not seen - a problem I'm finding on most sites as I try to compare privacy features.

In any case, looks like CB has what we need.

Thanks again.

Also look here:

7 years 2 weeks ago #292223 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Privacy Options

but couldn't log on as another user to see what could be seen / not seen - a problem I'm finding on most sites as I try to compare privacy features.

There's a module to select a user to automatically login as directly on the left of the demo site home page above the login module. We provide several accounts for you to login as (click the more button for a much larger list). Alternatively you can register your own test account or simply login to backend and make a few accounts if you like.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn