Subscriptions and Content

7 years 1 month ago #292213 by WDW
Subscriptions and Content was created by WDW
I'm trying to validate that CB will allow us to create subscription levels and, therefore, restrict content to corresponding levels.

For instance, if we have three membership levels, Free, Standard and Premium, then premium members have access to more pages and content than standard, but also can see everything standard and free can see.

1. Playing around in the admin section of the demo, there appears to be three plans created - but all three have access level set to public. I assume this can be set to any access level I add under "users - access levels". When I try to edit it or create a new plan, I get the following error: The integration plugin 'CBSubs CB Field' is installed but not published.. Going to plugins - I don't see where I can add or publish that. So I can't see what my options would be other than "Public".

2. I published three test articles one set to public, one to registered and one to moderator: Note: When I publish an article, if I leave it as uncategorized, then it cannot be seen by any user except the Admin as far as I can tell. So I set the category for all three to "general" under blogs.

The moderator demo login can correctly see all three articles.
The user login can correctly see the two articles for public and registered.
But if I don't login at all, I cannot find the article. - where is this available to public?

3. Also - the menus seem confusing. When the users login, open the articles or the blog module, both options lead to the same view. The articles are not listed, only an article for CB Blog. But if the category "general" is selected on the centered/right column, the articles can be viewed. I assume what I'm seeing is only the two articles published by Susan, the demo user when I look at the main page. When I click on general it is somehow taking me to a different view that has not been instantiated from a demo menu.

However, when I search articles I cannot see the test articles even though I can view them when I click on "general".

So far so good - the content access permissions seem to fulfill our needs. I assume when I buy and start using page builder I can add modules to a column to show articles, featured articles, etc. These cannot be seen seemingly in the demo layouts.

4. Is the page builder function available via the demo?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #292224 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Subscriptions and Content

1. Playing around in the admin section of the demo, there appears to be three plans created - but all three have access level set to public. I assume this can be set to any access level I add under "users - access levels". When I try to edit it or create a new plan, I get the following error: The integration plugin 'CBSubs CB Field' is installed but not published.. Going to plugins - I don't see where I can add or publish that. So I can't see what my options would be other than "Public".

That's just a warning that one of the CBSubs plugins is installed, but not published. Has nothing to do with preventing creation of plans. The access is typically also irrelevant to the plan as the plan controls access to various parts of the site, but yes you can set the access for the plan to whatever you like.

2. I published three test articles one set to public, one to registered and one to moderator: Note: When I publish an article, if I leave it as uncategorized, then it cannot be seen by any user except the Admin as far as I can tell. So I set the category for all three to "general" under blogs.

The moderator demo login can correctly see all three articles.
The user login can correctly see the two articles for public and registered.
But if I don't login at all, I cannot find the article. - where is this available to public?

The article and its category should be set to Public access then the category or the article it self should be protected by your plan using CBSubs Content. That is the only way for the article to be visible, but only accessible by someone with an active subscription. View access levels are absolute. If you set something to Registered then it's of course not going to be accessible to Public; CBSubs does not override this.

3. Also - the menus seem confusing. When the users login, open the articles or the blog module, both options lead to the same view. The articles are not listed, only an article for CB Blog. But if the category "general" is selected on the centered/right column, the articles can be viewed. I assume what I'm seeing is only the two articles published by Susan, the demo user when I look at the main page. When I click on general it is somehow taking me to a different view that has not been instantiated from a demo menu.

It's a demo site to demo each product and the menus are structured as such. It's not a demo for Joomla. You can structure your menus however you please. For the purpose of testing you can add whatever menu items you want to the demo site as it resets regularly.

So far so good - the content access permissions seem to fulfill our needs. I assume when I buy and start using page builder I can add modules to a column to show articles, featured articles, etc. These cannot be seen seemingly in the demo layouts.

If the module utilizes normal Joomla events for content then yes CBSubs will block its access accordingly.

So far it doesn't sound like you need CBSubs to protect the article, but you just want CBSubs to give the user different usergroups based off their subscription then protect content that way which is also doable using CBSubs.

4. Is the page builder function available via the demo?

We're not the developers of SP Page Builder. It's just being used for the purpose of our site. You can get SP Page Builder below. You do not get SP Page Builder with your subscription as again we're not its developer.

www.joomshaper.com/page-builder

I suggest taking a bit more time to understand what you do and do not get with your subscription as well as clarify further what you want to achieve with CBSubs. You can find a chart below detailing what each subscription offers.

www.joomlapolis.com/memberships

You can also watch the below CBSubs videos to help become more familiar with CBSubs.

www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLp0puRITgC7NcxbEMg7iTNboV_WhIsgaZ

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn