CBSubs new gateway - and user approval

7 years 1 week ago #292786 by komunikado
CBSubs new gateway - and user approval was created by komunikado
Hello,

We're in the process of setting up a site that has paid memberships, and have a few questions regarding CBSubs.

1) How difficult is it to add a new gateway?
The payment gateway that we need isn't supported. On the CBSubs page is listed 16 options, including offline and dummy, as well as gateways such as paypal and quickpay. (Specifically, we need ePay support)

2) Is it possible to hook CBSubs into the user approval process?
Our client wants their users to sign up, then be approved by an administrator, and then receive a link to a page where they can pay, before they become "approved"/"enabled". (sign up -> admin approves -> user pays -> login/use site)

3) How does the offline payment option work?
We've taken a look at the CB demo site, but can't quite see how it works. From other posts on the forums, it seems there's a manual step, but what is the user's status until "paid"? (Seemingly, the cbadministrator user on the demo site doesn't have access to see/edit payment methods)

4) Can coupons have on-demand generated/unique codes?
Our client would like to be able to give away coupon codes that give people a free membership, without risking using a blanket "free for all" coupon code. Effectively they want single-use coupon codes, without too much management (they're not interested in creating 100s of coupons/promotions manually). Is this possible?

4.5) How does coupon codes that are equal to a CB field work?
We see that it's possible to create a coupon code that is equal to a CB field, which we could then limit to a single use. Would this be a way to do single-use codes? (Looking at chapter 8.4 in the manual, however, it doesn't quite seem to work the way we want it to work)

Cheers in advance,
Jens

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 1 week ago #292789 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs new gateway - and user approval

1) How difficult is it to add a new gateway?

Depends on your programming ability, but it's not a simple task by any means and requires advanced PHP knowledge. If you've never wrote PHP or only done basic things then it will likely be an improbable and frustrating experience. Not only do you need to be knowledgeable in PHP, but also whatever gateway you're creating needs to have the API that's well documentation. Understanding of latest security coding standards is also highly recommended.

It is worth noting we do not assist with coding custom gateways in any way. We will not review them. We will not debug them. Any issues you may have using a custom gateway should be handled by whoever developed it. We simply can't provide any form of guarantee for code we did not write.

2) Is it possible to hook CBSubs into the user approval process?
Our client wants their users to sign up, then be approved by an administrator, and then receive a link to a page where they can pay, before they become "approved"/"enabled". (sign up -> admin approves -> user pays -> login/use site)

Yes, there is a parameter for payment to be after admin approval. This is done under the Workflows tab of your plans within CBSubs.

3) How does the offline payment option work?
We've taken a look at the CB demo site, but can't quite see how it works. From other posts on the forums, it seems there's a manual step, but what is the user's status until "paid"? (Seemingly, the cbadministrator user on the demo site doesn't have access to see/edit payment methods)

A user purchases with the offline gateway and at the end of the process is given a payment slip. They print the payment slip and mail you a check or cash or I suppose they could do a wire transfer if that's what you're wanting. When the payment is received you pay the basket from within CBSubs > Baskets.

4) Can coupons have on-demand generated/unique codes?
Our client would like to be able to give away coupon codes that give people a free membership, without risking using a blanket "free for all" coupon code. Effectively they want single-use coupon codes, without too much management (they're not interested in creating 100s of coupons/promotions manually). Is this possible?

If you use something to generate the coupon codes or have the coupon code be dependent on a field. So for example I suppose you could use CB Auto Actions to insert a new database row for a coupon and you'd execute the action to generate a coupon code to give out. The alternative is for the coupon code to be set to a field value and adding coupon codes to each users field.

4.5) How does coupon codes that are equal to a CB field work?
We see that it's possible to create a coupon code that is equal to a CB field, which we could then limit to a single use. Would this be a way to do single-use codes? (Looking at chapter 8.4 in the manual, however, it doesn't quite seem to work the way we want it to work)

It pulls the coupon code from a value in the users profile. So you could have a field hold the coupon code that they'd need to supply. Yes, this would make it unique per user. To make it single use per user you can set "Maximum uses per customer (0=unlimited)" to "1". This may work with CB Code Field or CB Query Field to generate coupon codes using PHP or SQL, but have never tried that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, komunikado

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn