CB Connect Regsitarion Form

6 years 11 months ago #293094 by bilal.abdeen
CB Connect Regsitarion Form was created by bilal.abdeen
Before buying CB Connect, I would like to see how the registration buttons look on the registration page. On your demo page, I can only see the login buttons. I need to see the register with Facebook button. Is there a sample page where I can see an example. I am concerned about the position of the button within the registration form. Some extensions place the button far from user's sight. So, he/she does not notice it, and consequently, they don't know about the availability of this feature.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 11 months ago #293122 by bilal.abdeen
Replied by bilal.abdeen on topic CB Connect Regsitarion Form
I took my chances and bought the plugin. I want to change the position of the social network buttons. I found that I need to change the code in the following script.
components\com_comprofiler\plugin\templates\default\default.php

Is there a more elegant way of overriding the script than hacking the plugin files? I am aware that I can override "view" files in my "template" folder. However, I am not sure if I can do the same with plugin files. Your suggestions are highly appreciated.

6 years 11 months ago #293134 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Connect Regsitarion Form

Before buying CB Connect, I would like to see how the registration buttons look on the registration page. On your demo page, I can only see the login buttons. I need to see the register with Facebook button. Is there a sample page where I can see an example. I am concerned about the position of the button within the registration form. Some extensions place the button far from user's sight. So, he/she does not notice it, and consequently, they don't know about the availability of this feature.

The sign in button is also the register button. There is no button that specifically says "Register with Facebook".

Is there a more elegant way of overriding the script than hacking the plugin files? I am aware that I can override "view" files in my "template" folder. However, I am not sure if I can do the same with plugin files. Your suggestions are highly appreciated.

The buttons are nothing fancy like jQuery based, etc.. They're simply links to the various endpoints. This means you can put the links anywhere you want on your site and display them however you want. The URLs for a few of the providers are as follows.

Facebook:
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbconnect&provider=facebook

Google:
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbconnect&provider=google

Twitter:
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbconnect&provider=twitter

Example as follows.

<a href="index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbconnect&provider=facebook">Sign in with Facebook</a>

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 4 months ago #298712 by cmendez
Replied by cmendez on topic CB Connect Regsitarion Form
Hi. I am also trying to do this. Were you able to solve it?

6 years 4 months ago #298770 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Connect Regsitarion Form
Registration buttons is already implemented. Under the Registration tab of a provider (e.g. CB Connect > Facebook > Registration) simply adjust the "Button Style" parameter as needed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 4 months ago #298790 by cmendez
Replied by cmendez on topic CB Connect Regsitarion Form
Hi Krileon, thanks. But the issue is the position of these social registration buttons at the top of the registration view or page.
It would be nice if it is customizable.

Regards,
Carlos

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn