Same groups between Joomla groups and CB groups

6 years 10 months ago #293928 by cevichero
Hello,

Before buying Community Builder that I already use for a site, I have a question that I can not find the answer to.

I would like to know to what extent is it possible to have the same groups between Joomla groups and CB groups.
For example :
In CB, I have the Chocolate, Silver, Gold, Platinium groups. Those groups do not have the same consultation rights. Given that CB users are found in Joomla users, is it possible to also have CB groups in groups on the Joomla side?

For info, I ask the question for compatibility with the Ohanah event management component.

Thank you for your responses.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 10 months ago #293942 by krileon
ACL is entirely Joomla. Any usergroups assigned to a user in CB > User Management are also assigned to them in Joomla as it's the same storage and usage. If you mean GJ groups compared to Joomla usergroups then they entirely different things. To assign a Joomla usergroup when someone joins a GJ group you'd need to use CB Auto Actions acting on the group join trigger. GJ it self has absolutely nothing to do with ACL and is just community collaboration (e.g. see groups on Facebook or any other social site).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 10 months ago #293947 by cevichero
Replied by cevichero on topic Same groups between Joomla groups and CB groups
Sorry, what's the ACL ?
GJ is Group Jive right ?
I don't use a GJ plugin on my administration website. Can't find it on Joomla plugins or CB plugins.

My fault, when I talk about "groups" is about a field group I create. Please see the image joined.

Will it be possible for me to make a parallel between the Joomla Groups and this kind of "group" of CB fields? :)

6 years 10 months ago #293952 by krileon

Sorry, what's the ACL ?

docs.joomla.org/J3.x:Access_Control_List_Tutorial

GJ is Group Jive right ?

Yes.

Will it be possible for me to make a parallel between the Joomla Groups and this kind of "group" of CB fields?

Yes, you can assign a Joomla user group based off a field value using CB Auto Actions. See the below topics regarding such exact usage.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/255-developer-members-support/236508-change-user-group-in-frontend?start=6#293537
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/236384-solved-auto-action-change-usergroup#292920
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/single-add-on-support/236266-cb-auto-actions-add-users-to-two-different-joomla-acl-groups#292423

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 10 months ago #293999 by cevichero
Replied by cevichero on topic Same groups between Joomla groups and CB groups
I will check it. Thank you !

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn