Alert

6 years 10 months ago #294038 by crjs
Alert was created by crjs
Hi
for my website i need a reserved area where i can publish private documents for each customer, so customer A access to documents A.
For each customer in need also an alert (private message) to manage deadlines and appointments.
Is available this feature and cost?
For example if I want tell my clients that the expiration and renewal of a course is imminent by a private alert.
(Renew between two years less a day)
CB Auto Actions?
thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 10 months ago #294064 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Alert
CB Gallery can handle uploading documents on a per user basis using the gallery tab on their profile. I suppose you could limit create access to moderators or create a gallery field specifically for that case. Alternative is a file fieldtype. There's also CB Package Builder, but it's not really user specific and is more of a download manager than anything.

As for the alerts you probably could just use AcyMailing and newsletters for that otherwise yes I suppose CB Auto Actions would work by executing actions using CRON so it acts as some sort of scheduler.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 10 months ago #294075 by crjs
Replied by crjs on topic Alert
Thanks
at the moment i've published an article A, in category A, that can only be read by customer A. Is safe enough? in future probably i'll use CB gallery to manage pdf gallery ecc.
About CB Auto actions, if i don't want to send email?

6 years 10 months ago #294077 by krileon

at the moment i've published an article A, in category A, that can only be read by customer A. Is safe enough? in future probably i'll use CB gallery to manage pdf gallery ecc.

No idea how you're only allowing that specific user to read it unless you're creating 1 usergroup and 1 view access level per user, which is highly inefficient.

About CB Auto actions, if i don't want to send email?

It can send private messages too using UddeIM. I've no idea if it'll be able to do what you're wanting. Your usecase is pretty vague. You've full access on our demo site below so you're welcome to try it out.

demo.cbdemosites.com/

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 10 months ago #294081 by crjs
Replied by crjs on topic Alert
If possible I would like to use CB as a private area for clients where the administrator publishes confidential documents to a certain client. Currently without creating groups and permissions, I created a category reserved for a customer A (registered access) and articles created by that customer A and visible only from that customer A (registered access). When the customer enters with her login credentials, he only accesses that document.
Other customers with their own login credentials, should not access that document (?)
thanks

6 years 10 months ago #294094 by krileon
Categories and Articles aren't limited to a specific user as far as access is concerned unless maybe they're set as the owner and it's unpublished. Any logged in user can likely access those articles. You can certainly have private uploads using CB Gallery combined with CB Privacy as you'd force the privacy controls for the gallery tab to Private so only the profile owner and CB Moderators could access it.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds