Multi step application or save and continue

6 years 6 months ago #297590 by Spiralmind
Hello, not sure how to ask this since I have never tried the extension. It appears there is a way to have required information when applying for membership. So if this is the case I am trying to determine if the below scenario is possible.

We are building a community for people to apply for membership but there is a lot required before they can be approved. So we need a way to allow them to either start the process and come back or be able to create an account but then have required options before they are reviewed.

Hopefully, this makes sense and something is possible to this end.

Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 6 months ago #297620 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Multi step application or save and continue
You can have fields that are required, but not on the registration form. They'll be forced to complete them if they choose to update their profile after logging in. However, there is nothing in place the force them to do that.

Best you can do is use redirect them to profile edit if their profile is incomplete (you can do this using CB Auto Actions combined with CB Progress Field). There's a lot of different ways you can "punish" them for not completing their profile I guess. For example you could use CB Auto Actions to toggle a field or given them a usergroup once their profile is complete. That field or usergroup then gives them more access to their profile or your site.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 6 months ago #297631 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Multi step application or save and continue
Hello, thank you for this info. I think we want to sign them up ourselves anyway. They are paying us to be part of the community so they will want to login and if we can require certain things before they are complete that is pretty much the goal.

So upon finishing all the required steps we get a notification it's been done? After they are finished with the required things I don't want the profile published until I can verify it's actually correct and make my changes. Does this seem like a possibility? In reality, it's more of a signup process I need then we take over the profile for them.

Thank again.

6 years 6 months ago #297635 by krileon

So upon finishing all the required steps we get a notification it's been done? After they are finished with the required things I don't want the profile published until I can verify it's actually correct and make my changes. Does this seem like a possibility? In reality, it's more of a signup process I need then we take over the profile for them.

Sounds like you just want registration approval. You can enable that within CB > Configuration > Registration. This would send all CB Moderators configured to receive moderator emails that a new registration is pending approval. You'd then have to approve the registrations before they're completed and can login. That's all a part of core free CB and does not require any plugins.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 6 months ago #297637 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Multi step application or save and continue
I would need the first part we discussed as well. I see no way out of the pro version as I need the CB Conditional & CB Auto Actions. So either that or buy the various plugins. I am just sourcing this out for my client at this time.

The most important thing is they have a list of various things they need to complete their profile before I even get notified. So uploading of files, some typed text, photos for example. This can all be set to required before the profile is complete? Then it can be set to notify me it's done but just stay unpublished or published to a nonpublic group via ACL?

My impression from what you are telling me is this should work.

Lastly, a standard Bootstrap Joomla template will function OK with this? I don't need one of your templates on the CB portion of the site?

Thank you for your help.

6 years 6 months ago #297651 by krileon
You would just ask for the required information during registration. You'd then been notified to approve the registration or reject it. Users pending approval are not visible on frontend or accessible by anyone other can CB moderators.

Lastly, a standard Bootstrap Joomla template will function OK with this?

Yes, CB 2.x is Bootstrap 3. Any Bootstrap 3 template should work with it. You can also turn off CBs Bootstrap CSS entirely in CB > Configuration > Integrations so it'll take on the styling of your Joomla Bootstrap 3 template.

I don't need one of your templates on the CB portion of the site?

Nope.

CB it self is completely free. A lot of your questions can be answered by simply trying CB out. Additionally we've a full demo site below where you can change whatever you like to see how things work.

demo.cbdemosites.com/

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn