Multi step application or save and continue

6 years 6 months ago #298178 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Multi step application or save and continue

So in your grid type layout could it be split into 2 sections?

No.

Or perhaps another method I am not aware of.

Your best option would be to just sort by the profile type field so the high flyers display at the top of the list. What custom CSS you apply from there to style them further would be up to you though. You could also just have 2 userlists 1 with high flyer and 1 without.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 6 months ago #298182 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Multi step application or save and continue
OK, I am sure something will end up working. Let me get the funds (probably today) and buy the pro version.

Pertaining to 2 user lists.
1. How do users get assigned to these various lists? Are we manually doing this or can it be triggered by the application portion? Probably not an issue.

2. Could the page I want the user lists separated be done with modules? Is there a module that I can set a filter for user lists and then just stack them how I want? So High Flyers on top and the regular users underneath? This would be an easy solution.

Thank you

6 years 6 months ago #298188 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Multi step application or save and continue

1. How do users get assigned to these various lists? Are we manually doing this or can it be triggered by the application portion? Probably not an issue.

There's no assignment for userlists. You configure the criteria in which it should search for users. This could be a specific usergroup and/or based off a specific field value. See the CB Primer Book for details, which you can download below.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/documents

2. Could the page I want the user lists separated be done with modules? Is there a module that I can set a filter for user lists and then just stack them how I want? So High Flyers on top and the regular users underneath? This would be an easy solution.

No, only way I've seen users do this is something like Components Anywhere to embed 2 userlist component views onto 1 page, but that is not officially supported and any issues that arise from it we won't fix. There is no userlist module.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 4 months ago #299796 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Multi step application or save and continue

Or perhaps another method I am not aware of.

Your best option would be to just sort by the profile type field so the high flyers display at the top of the list. What custom CSS you apply from there to style them further would be up to you though. You could also just have 2 userlists 1 with high flyer and 1 without.[/quote]

Hello, I seemed to have figured out the sorting part. I added a single option dropdown and sorted by this in my grid list view.

I don't quite follow how I could style them slightly different so they have say a different color background or a star. How could I designate a CSS style for only that option?

Or perhaps an easier solution by just showing my "High Flyer" text under the name in the grid? If I make it a single checkox field that I check can it still sort by that and display the text? Maybe the dropdown is the wrong approach?

Thank you

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn