Use CB as client management program

6 years 5 months ago #298161 by jabba84
Use CB as client management program was created by jabba84
Hello! I have the site of a doctor. Can i use Joomla+CB builder as a management program for his patients?

I know i can can create custom fields for patients, but can i create some kind of user area where the doctor logs the visit?
Know that only the doctor will ever see the website (patients don't even know it exists). So i just need a joomla area where the doctor log in, create and manage patients and for every each one of them he add a note for each visit.
I also need a plugin that sends mail to the patients on their birthday but i think this is a native possibility for CB.

Thank you!

WebMaster & JoomlaLover @ www.pixed.it

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #298179 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Use CB as client management program

Hello! I have the site of a doctor. Can i use Joomla+CB builder as a management program for his patients?

I don't see why not.

I know i can can create custom fields for patients, but can i create some kind of user area where the doctor logs the visit?
Know that only the doctor will ever see the website (patients don't even know it exists). So i just need a joomla area where the doctor log in, create and manage patients and for every each one of them he add a note for each visit.

Since only the doctor will be using it you can probably just use CB Activity and let their profile activity stream be where the doctor leaves notes. He could even attach files, photos, etc.. to those notes if you also have CB Gallery. Your alternative is a more simple approach by simply using a field for him to add notes (e.g. textarea fieldtype) or CB ProfileBook and its more simplified Wall tab.

I also need a plugin that sends mail to the patients on their birthday but i think this is a native possibility for CB.

You maybe able to do this using CB Auto Actions, but it'd be a heavy operation that'd need to be ran daily. Basically it'd loop every user and check if it's their birthday daily and if it is you'd send an email using the Email action.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 5 months ago #298206 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Use CB as client management program
Although Kyle gave you some answers and workarounds, your use case really needs something more like a CRM.

6 years 5 months ago #298210 by jabba84
Replied by jabba84 on topic Use CB as client management program
Thank you all for the answers!
Yes a CRM would be great but this is a low-budget project and i was trying to figure out how to do it in joomla as the doctor already has a joomla website.
I will try with CB Activity but the question is: the doctor (as administrator) can add posts to another user's "walls" without log out and login everytime as the patient? And can he do it from frontend?
Thank you very much again.
Gianluca

WebMaster & JoomlaLover @ www.pixed.it

6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #298234 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Use CB as client management program
Completely agree with Nick. This is a workaround solution. CRM would be most appropriate for your usage. Especially one designed for the medical field.

I will try with CB Activity but the question is: the doctor (as administrator) can add posts to another user's "walls" without log out and login everytime as the patient? And can he do it from frontend?

They don't need to logout. Just directly go to that patients profile and post directly on that patients stream. The post will show on that patients profile from the doctor.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.832 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn