Presales question regarding registration and login

6 years 5 months ago #298626 by shoreDog
Hi,
I am very impressed with CB and the functions. I have a question regarding registration and login. I am currently building a website that allows registered users to create and publish articles that can be seen by the public on the front end. I would also like to add CB to my website to allow registered users to create profile pages as well as form groups privately and publicly. The goal is to allow members of private groups to communicate with each other through messaging.

My question is this: Is it "ok" or "permissible" to sync up my websites registration so that when my users register and/or login, they are also regsiterd or logged in to CB and through my designed landing page can either at that point use my existing functions to create and post an article, or go to the CB area where they can communicate with their groups using groupjive, or post to a public area, or edit their profile page. In other words, CB will end up being one giant area of an existing site with other core functions. I want to thank you in advance for your time and response!

I don't mind if I use my exiting registration and login as the primary or if I use CB as the primary. The important goal is to allow them to register and log in only once to be logged in to both areas. I will also need to create a landing page after login to show them which area of the website they need to go depending on what they are planning to do during that particular session.

Also, with a tight budget and I will probably miss the Halloween promotion, will you be running any other promotions similar in the coming weeks or months? I sure hope so!

Thanks again!
David Davis North Carolina, US

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #298630 by krileon
You'll have to use CBs registration page instead of Joomlas or some custom one. You'll also have to use CBs login module. That's all you'll need to do to keep things synchronized. As for the landing page you'd just specify a login redirect URL within your CB Login module, which could be an article or whatever you like, and it'll take them to that page after logging in.

Also, with a tight budget and I will probably miss the Halloween promotion

As for what products you'll need so far it sounds like you'd only be using CB GroupJive for community groups, but I suppose you could make do with just private messaging through UddeIM without the community group features of CB GroupJive.

will you be running any other promotions similar in the coming weeks or months? I sure hope so!

We typically run a promotion for most major international holidays and some US specific ones. We usually also do a promotion for major releases of a addon.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.370 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn