CB used as portal client (+mobile app)?

6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #301682 by cbertrand
CB used as portal client (+mobile app)? was created by cbertrand
Hi,

1/ I want to make a portal client my clients.
That means I need the members of my office (in a specific group, for example moderators) to see all registered users (this group being for my clients), but I don't want my clients to see the others clients.
But at the same time I'd like my clients to see the members of my office (in case we need to discuss with our clients).
Could CB do this?

2/ Email notifications :
Also, I need a notification sent by email to the user each time a moderator add a file in User's profile with CB Gallery.
Is it possible and if yes, how ?

3/ Is there a mobile app for CB (Android and Ios)?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 2 months ago #301731 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB used as portal client (+mobile app)?

1/ I want to make a portal client my clients.
That means I need the members of my office (in a specific group, for example moderators) to see all registered users (this group being for my clients), but I don't want my clients to see the others clients.
But at the same time I'd like my clients to see the members of my office (in case we need to discuss with our clients).
Could CB do this?

Sounds like you'd just need to use CB Privacy and its Profile Privacy field to enforce some sort of privacy rule for client profiles.

2/ Email notifications :
Also, I need a notification sent by email to the user each time a moderator add a file in User's profile with CB Gallery.
Is it possible and if yes, how ?

Yes, use "CB Gallery - Create" system action as a starting point which logs an activity entry when a profile gallery entry is uploaded. Change the action type to Email and set Access to Moderators Only. Should get you started for what you're wanting.

3/ Is there a mobile app for CB (Android and Ios)?

No, CB it self is completely responsive and does not need an app.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 2 months ago #301910 by cbertrand
Replied by cbertrand on topic CB used as portal client (+mobile app)?
Hi thank you for your answer.
Concerning the notifications by emails could you explain more please ?
I don't really understand the process of the setup.
Thanks

6 years 2 months ago #301914 by nant
Replied by nant on topic CB used as portal client (+mobile app)?

cbertrand wrote: Hi thank you for your answer.
Concerning the notifications by emails could you explain more please ?
I don't really understand the process of the setup.
Thanks

What Kyle is saying is that you could do this with the CB Auto Actions plugin (part of the Professional membership as is CB Gallery).

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn