CB subs link to AWS Cognito

5 years 6 months ago #307374 by lasagnaman
CB subs link to AWS Cognito was created by lasagnaman
Is there a link, or could one be easily created, that would link/interface CB Subs to AWS Cognito?
I want to be able to use CB Subs to have registered users in Joomla, and also have them registered to use an application outside of Joomla (controlled by AWS Cognito).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 6 months ago #307391 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB subs link to AWS Cognito
Never used AWS Cognito. You'll need to be more specific as to what you're wanting CBSubs to do. Looks like AWS Cognito is just authentication (e.g. login, sign-up, etc..) and don't see what you'd be integrating CBSubs into.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 6 months ago #307401 by lasagnaman
Replied by lasagnaman on topic CB subs link to AWS Cognito
I want to use CB Subs to control membership/subscription to registered areas of my website. And to also integrate into AWS Cognito to manage the access to a non-joomla application.
What tables / files would I need to access in CB Subs / joomla's registered userid / password to integrate into AWS Cognito?
Essentially, a valid and up to date registered user in Joomla via CB subs would be able to get into my non-joomla application from this setting in AWS Cognito.
I understand that I will need to get this CBsubs toi AWS Cognito built, so I am just digging for the tables that need to be used/accessed to make that happen.
Lou

5 years 6 months ago #307403 by nant
Replied by nant on topic CB subs link to AWS Cognito

lasagnaman wrote: I want to use CB Subs to control membership/subscription to registered areas of my website. And to also integrate into AWS Cognito to manage the access to a non-joomla application.
What tables / files would I need to access in CB Subs / joomla's registered userid / password to integrate into AWS Cognito?
Essentially, a valid and up to date registered user in Joomla via CB subs would be able to get into my non-joomla application from this setting in AWS Cognito.
I understand that I will need to get this CBsubs toi AWS Cognito built, so I am just digging for the tables that need to be used/accessed to make that happen.
Lou

Suggest you download and study the CBSubs manual.

2 items of interest is the CBSubs SQL query integration and the CBSubs URL execution integration.
Basically you can use the first to make changes to a database table when a CBSubs subscription is initiated.
This might help you push info from CBSubs/CB/Joomla to your AWS database.

The second one can be used to execute a script you write to use whatever API AWS might have.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn