Will this be fit for my project?

5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #308933 by ess1993
Will this be fit for my project? was created by ess1993
Hello,

My idea first started off to be a forum, however, after a lot of research, I have concluded that I am looking to build a community. I am looking to build a community with personal profiles, member subscription, online store, event planner so i am lucky to have found joomlapolis who seemed to have ticked all my boxes however I still have a few questions which I hope you can answer, some of them have been may have already been answered and I apologise if i could not find them.

-Obviously, the main aim is for everyone to be able to communicate with each other and from the demo it shows that you can type "what's on your mind" and others can reply etc etc. However I wanted to know if it is possible to make to make separate conversation areas depending on the topic as you would have in a forum.

So at the moment, I am catering for users in the City of London and City of Manchester, and users only need to communicate with people in their city.
So if you signed up with your location in London, you are able to post, comment like etc with users only in london and same for users in Manchester.

Also can the top posts be filtered by popularity, likes, date etc?

Is event management possible? so users can rsvp

Finally only paying users should be able to access the community (however will be free for about 6 month) non members can only see home page?

I had a lot more to ask but someone of them have been answered on the forums, if I can think of anything else I will respond on here.

Thank you for your time

EDIT: After doing some more research, I saw on joomla that community builder - Built-in integration with Kunena forum, is this correct and if so would the user profiles be used on the forum.

Also i would like to add an online store, will community builder intergrate with user profiles such as addresses etc with shopping carts?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 3 months ago #308938 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Will this be fit for my project?

-Obviously, the main aim is for everyone to be able to communicate with each other and from the demo it shows that you can type "what's on your mind" and others can reply etc etc. However I wanted to know if it is possible to make to make separate conversation areas depending on the topic as you would have in a forum.

It's an activity stream and not a forum. So keeping that in mind you can have as many activity streams as you like. There are plans to eventually add a Discussions API to CB Activity to allow it to function like forums, but that is not yet available. For actual forums I recommend just using Kunena.

Also can the top posts be filtered by popularity, likes, date etc?

No, CB Activity streams can not be filtered. The only filtering applied is the Asset, which determines what stream the post applies to.

Is event management possible? so users can rsvp

Only in CB GroupJive for Group events. Yes, users can set themselves as attending. Beyond that we have no event management plugin.

Finally only paying users should be able to access the community (however will be free for about 6 month) non members can only see home page?

CB Paid Subscriptions should have no issues covering this usage.

EDIT: After doing some more research, I saw on joomla that community builder - Built-in integration with Kunena forum, is this correct and if so would the user profiles be used on the forum.

Yes, it'd work like it's working here now. Your CB profile name and avatar are being output on Kunena. You can actually display whatever you like since the sidebar displayed next to a post is completely customize-able in CB Forums plugin included with core CB.

Also i would like to add an online store, will community builder intergrate with user profiles such as addresses etc with shopping carts?

We've no online store plugin. CBSubs is for subscription management. It does offer merchandise plans, but it doesn't have a shopping cart likely what you're probably wanting. You'll need to look into Joomla extensions that provide such functionality.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.425 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn