advice if it possible

3 years 2 months ago #322164 by tablette
Replied by tablette on topic advice if it possible
hey krileon
thx for answer again
please allow me some more questions. (i buy the big package so or so - for other projects)

CB Paid Subscriptions is not a digital storefront. It's a subscription manager. It will not be able to fulfill these requirements. You'd need to look into store based extensions for Joomla for this.

maybe we have a missunderstanding - a subscription is something the user buys to get access to some functions which other users dont have. as i understand, exactly that does the sbsubs module. am i wrong ?

If you assign a usergroup to your users based off their profile type then this is easily done using CB Privacy and the Profile Privacy field since it can restrict based off usergroup.

great

Users cannot create subscriptions in CBSubs. It is entirely admin configured.

sure, user cant create subscription plans. the admin creates it and user choose which plan they like

We have no such functionality. - google maps

do you have any recommendation which module works with CB ? how far the non_CB modules are compatible to CB, or can be included in CB ?

Ideally you'd just have a field to select what profile type they are then use CB Conditional to show/hide fields relevant to that profile type. You wouldn't need 2 separate registration forms or logins.

you mean (which was my idea as well), one button (register), a question what the user wants, and depends what they choose the further form will be created dynamically ? is that correct ?

CB is not a mobile app, but it uses responsive CSS so yes you it should display fine on mobile devices. You're welcome to try our demo site below.

i know that is not a mobile app, but can a programmer access all datas (to program the mobile apps) ? in other words: possible to make a mobile app out of the content (databases) from the CB ? (i guess, its possible)

Seams like you need some sort of bidding or auctioning system with approval. We won't be able to provide such functionality, but CB can at least provide all your profile needs. As for the product features you'll need to check the Joomla Extension Directory to see if there's something available that'd work for you.

more like a dateing app (but it is not, but the functions are very close). if a women wants do date mans, than other womens doent need to apply to see more details from that profile - make sense ? the advertiser should choose the requirements the viewer should have, if they doesnt, it makes no sense that the advertiser get disturbed from the viewer. they wont be a potential customer.

soo, almost all what i need CB offers. except for the google maps integration. and i havent found out how to make a subs plan for advertise only one advertisement (like the example with the dating site with multiple plans, like can just send 10 messages, )

i guess you have an extensive parameter database, to look up the querries or how to do ...

thx again
have a great day

hello - it is me you are looking for ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 2 months ago #322172 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic advice if it possible

maybe we have a missunderstanding - a subscription is something the user buys to get access to some functions which other users dont have. as i understand, exactly that does the sbsubs module. am i wrong ?

Yes, CB Paid Subscriptions allows you (the site) to offer subscriptions for access to content on the site. It does not allow your users to sell things, which is what I understood you want products to do, but maybe I misunderstood what you were asking.

do you have any recommendation which module works with CB ? how far the non_CB modules are compatible to CB, or can be included in CB ?

I do not have anything to recommend for Google Maps integrations, sorry. Suggest checking the JED below.

extensions.joomla.org/

you mean (which was my idea as well), one button (register), a question what the user wants, and depends what they choose the further form will be created dynamically ? is that correct ?

Yes, that's correct.

i know that is not a mobile app, but can a programmer access all datas (to program the mobile apps) ? in other words: possible to make a mobile app out of the content (databases) from the CB ? (i guess, its possible)

No, we do not provide a JSON API layer to access to CB. You'd need to implement that yourself, which you can do using CB Auto Actions.

more like a dateing app (but it is not, but the functions are very close). if a women wants do date mans, than other womens doent need to apply to see more details from that profile - make sense ? the advertiser should choose the requirements the viewer should have, if they doesnt, it makes no sense that the advertiser get disturbed from the viewer. they wont be a potential customer.

I think you can handle the applying to view profile functionality entirely with CBs Connections feature. Connections are basically like Friends and can be configured to require approval. You can then use CB Privacy to limit access to tabs, fields, or even the entire profile to connections only.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn