Questions before buying about codes, templates, 3. parts component, CB Gallery

3 years 2 months ago #322653 by GertK77
Hi, I want to buy the CB but have some questions I hope you can answer before I buy :)

Is it possible to change the codes, like if I want to add something, move something around or remove some codes?

Is it possible to create any kind of template? I want to hire a designer / coder to create the template that looks / works just I want it to do. Normally I upload a template here: /home/xxxxxx/ templates/ how does it work with Community Builder?

Is it possible to use 3. Parts components, extensions and modules that is not a part of CB now?

As for the CB Gallery is it possible to change how the gallery is setup, its function, how photos are showed ets – with other words how much customize able is it?
And this also counts for showing movies.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 2 months ago #322654 by krileon

Is it possible to change the codes, like if I want to add something, move something around or remove some codes?

CB is completely open source, so yes you're free to modify the code but it's not recommended to do so. Typically CB is best extended using CB Auto Actions, custom plugin templates, or custom CB plugins.

Is it possible to create any kind of template? I want to hire a designer / coder to create the template that looks / works just I want it to do. Normally I upload a template here: /home/xxxxxx/ templates/ how does it work with Community Builder?

CB has its own template system. Yes, it's possible to create your own template for CB or override individual plugins template files. Typically this isn't necessary since you can move tabs and fields around on profile quite extensively to customize the profile. You can also use CB Template Changer and its Template Builder feature to generate new templates for CB if you want to quickly customize colors.

Is it possible to use 3. Parts components, extensions and modules that is not a part of CB now?

Not sur what you mean. CB is its own Joomla extension. You're free to also use other Joomla extensions.

As for the CB Gallery is it possible to change how the gallery is setup, its function, how photos are showed ets – with other words how much customize able is it?

Entire frontend of CB Gallery is template driven so yes it can be customized. This will depend heavily on your own coding experience though as you will need to know HTML, CSS, and PHP.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.264 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn