Functionality Question - CB Gallery or Other Extension

3 years 1 month ago #322736 by rwestpga
Ok thanks again Kyle. Also, I completely understand your position about not offering contracted work.

Is there an area where your users can get in touch with 3rd Party experts for something like this? My client won't be too fussy about the interface, as long as the functionality they need works. They are being forced to cancel their current solution in July and have already parted ways with their previous developer. So they are in dire need of help. I have a very detailed list of the 6 enhancement they'd need, and I'd love to get the list in front of the eyes of any programmer who could comment if interested to do the work. Anyone at all...and maybe someone you know at Joomlapolis has a contact. If you don't have an area that puts together users and experts, I'd greatly appreciate if you can float my request to other Joomlapolis personnel and see.

I think I understand correctly that I could join the 'Professional Add-Ons' for $99, and have access to both CB Gallery and CB Auto Actions.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 1 month ago #322738 by krileon
Unfortunately we don't have anyone to recommend, sorry. We don't have a place to request for paid work. I suppose you could request for that in the general discussion forums, but I've no idea if you'd be able to get a response or find someone in that time. Most people here tend to do the development work themselves primarily using CB Auto Actions since it significantly reduces the amount of coding someone needs to do.

If you do choose to try and do this please make a post in the Professional support forums after subscribing detailing what you need exactly and will see if I can put together some CB Auto Action examples to get you started, but again I can't guarantee it will be able to do exactly what you're wanting.

I think I understand correctly that I could join the 'Professional Add-Ons' for $99, and have access to both CB Gallery and CB Auto Actions.

Yup, that'd give you both add-ons and more. The $99 is for 3 months of support and updates. After those 3 months if you choose not to renew you can continue using what you have, but you won't receive updates or support anymore.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 1 month ago #322739 by rwestpga
Understood and thanks! I don't know CB Auto Actions yet, but from what you describe, it sounds like with a little work I could satisfy 5 out of 6 of the additional needs we've identified. Great!

However, the 6th is concerning, and may also be a deal-breaker. So my last question is this: Using Auto Actions, or whatever functionality you know of, do you think we'd would be able to achieve the request (I mentioned in the beginning) where a user could upload a bunch of images to CB Gallery, and have a 'Publish On' date? Again, these artists will upload 25 images of their artwork, sometime in November, and set them to publish in December...one piece for sale per day...until Christmas.

I really appreciate your time in this matter as I'm sure you are very busy. Sorry to ask so many questions...

3 years 1 month ago #322752 by krileon
Unfortunately no there is no feasible way to do the publish on date. There's nothing in CB Gallery to be able to support that functionality which is typically done with a publish_up and publish_down date that are just considered in the database query like Joomla articles. Such functionality just does not exist in CB Gallery nor does it fit the scope of CB Gallery so it's unlikely to ever be supported.

The only thing that I'm aware of with this feature is the mentioned Joomla articles, which you might be able to use those instead of CB Gallery entirely since you can give Joomla article create permissions to users and CB Articles can show their created articles on profile.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 1 month ago #322755 by rwestpga
Ok thanks Kyle! You've been great and I will take this information to my client.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn