Migrating to new website

2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #324432 by Romuba
Migrating to new website was created by Romuba
I have taken over managing an old website but need to build a new. Is there a way to transfer all the CB content from the old to the new?

Old site:
PHP 5.6
Joomla 3.9.25
CB 2.5.0+build.2021.03.29.19.51.43.c82ad6ad4

New site will be
PHP 7.4
Joomla 3.9.26
CB latest

Also, if I transfer all the CB content, will the normal Joomla Users also be populated?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 11 months ago #324439 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Migrating to new website
We provide an import/export feature in CB > User Management that can be used to move users in batches. Most other data will need to be directly moved from within your database.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 11 months ago #324444 by Romuba
Replied by Romuba on topic Migrating to new website
Thank you very much, is there a support article somewhere on exactly how to do it? I would hate to miss an important table etc.

2 years 11 months ago #324451 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Migrating to new website
Nope, all of CBs database tables are prefixed with comprofiler_. The only exceptions are CB GroupJive which uses a groupjive_ prefix and CBSubs, which uses an cbsubs_ prefix. Moving data is not a simple task. Is there a reason you need to do this? You should be able to just update your existing site.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 11 months ago #324454 by Romuba
Replied by Romuba on topic Migrating to new website
As I said in my initial post, I am rebuilding the site from scratch. I need to keep the CB content and therefore want to be able to transfer it from the old site to the new.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn