Presales questions

2 years 7 months ago #325667 by CBJanko
Presales questions was created by CBJanko
Hi, I'm evaluating if CB is a right extension for a site I have to build up. To understand this I have a few questions:
- does it possible to create more than one private "room", I mean chats invisibles for others on the same site using User Group and Joomla ACLs?
- created chats are part of a wordwide-extended network or just exist on my site?
- if I buy some extra modules, I have to pay continuously, each year for them?
- what does it includes a year payment?
This is because I would like to create isolated small chats, invisibles for anyone else than every single chat member of that close environment. And those isolated chats have to exists under a single site, invisibles for anyone external to my site.
I'm sorry if those are very elementary questions but I heard something about CB just today for first time...
Many tks,
Gianni

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 7 months ago #325668 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Presales questions

- does it possible to create more than one private "room", I mean chats invisibles for others on the same site using User Group and Joomla ACLs?

We don't provide chat. Best I can suggest is using CB GroupJive and having using private groups, which can include their own activity streams if using CB Activity and CB Auto Actions with CB GroupJive.

- created chats are part of a wordwide-extended network or just exist on my site?

We don't provide chat so neither. If you take the suggested approach above regarding CB GroupJive then it would be specific to your site only.

- if I buy some extra modules, I have to pay continuously, each year for them?

If you want updates and support then yes you need to renew whatever subscription you choose to buy.

- what does it includes a year payment?

Check our memberships table below for what our subscriptions include.

www.joomlapolis.com/memberships

You can also buy individual addons from our addons page below with 6 month durations.

www.joomlapolis.com/addons

Each subscription includes updates and support for their duration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 7 months ago #325670 by CBJanko
Replied by CBJanko on topic Presales questions
Oh, I'm sorry. I misunderstood the sentence "Transform your Joomla users into a thriving online community". I understood users could be in touch within them, organized in Joomla User Goups. I'm sorry. Thanks for your answer.

2 years 7 months ago #325671 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Presales questions
Users can communicate with one another, but you specifically asked about chat which we don't provide. Closest we have is private messages, but that's not quite chat like what you're probably familiar with on popular social network sites.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn