Question about the Private Message System of CB

2 years 3 months ago #327414 by pjfroelofs
Since joomla 4 is coming soon, we are testing the future of our product.
In our current (J3) CB website, we use Udelm PMS.
This product is no longer supported and is not going to be updated for J4.

CB has its own PMS functionality, but we miss some functions.
Or we have not yet discovered the full potential.

It looks like with CB PMS you can either directly pm somebody from his profile.
Or pm somebody who is connected via connections.

What we are using from the Udelm PMS, is the ability to define ‘pm userlists’.
So you can send a message to a predefined group of users.

Ideally we would like to send a PM to a specific joomla user group.

Both functionalities are not available in the CB PMS.

Please advice,
Regards,
Patrick

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 3 months ago #327441 by krileon
We've no plans to implement recipient lists in Private Message System, sorry. We don't and didn't intend on copying over every UddeIM feature. Our PMS plugin will be going the direction of chat and moving further from being "email-lite". Once it's rewritten again it will be more like Facebook messenger.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 3 months ago #327484 by pjfroelofs
Replied by pjfroelofs on topic Question about the Private Message System of CB
Hey Krileon.

Thank you for your swift reply.

Is there an other pms out there that is compatible with CB?
Like UddelM in the past.

Regards,
Patrick

2 years 3 months ago #327491 by krileon

Is there an other pms out there that is compatible with CB?

I've no idea. Suggest checking the Joomla extension directory, but most are going to be more like chat/messenger and nothing like UddeIM. UddeIM is more like email than messaging.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn