Hybrid Joomla + CB users handle

2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #328622 by jabba84
Hybrid Joomla + CB users handle was created by jabba84
Hello, i wuold like to know if it's possible, with CB installed, to hybrid handle users with both CB and Joomla core system.

Like:
  • registration process handled by Joomla
  • some joomla custom fields (that can ben modified by user admin only) handled by Joomla
  • some CB custom fields (that can be modified by users) handled by CB

I need to know this because i have to install CB in a live site that already has his workflow and i need only some specific features of CB.
Thanks!

WebMaster & JoomlaLover @ www.pixed.it

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 1 month ago #328631 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Hybrid Joomla + CB users handle
I do not recommend doing that. Your users will go out of sync and you'll have to manually synchronize them to CB after each registration. Is there a specific reason you need to use Joomla's registration instead of CBs?

We plan with CB 3.x to hopefully get rid of the need for our own registration and login and to just extend Joomla's so there are plans to move away from this separation in the future.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 1 month ago #328642 by jabba84
Replied by jabba84 on topic Hybrid Joomla + CB users handle
Hi and thank for your answer, various reasons: I already have ~1000 users registered with some custom fields filled.. actually i would like not to move them to CB custom fields as there are some website automations that works on joomla's custom fields (also because there is not automation to move joomla's custom fields to CB's custom fields).
About CB i need the possiblity to list all users and show them on a map with mymapslocation, thing that is not possible without CB.

WebMaster & JoomlaLover @ www.pixed.it

2 years 1 month ago #328657 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Hybrid Joomla + CB users handle
CB was designed to be a full user management replacement for Joomla. This of course was all designed before Joomla even had custom user fields so in the future we're planning to move things to Joomla if possible, but for now you have to choose to use CB or Joomla for user management. Trying to use both will result in them going out of sync.

It is possible to use CB Auto Actions to push data to Joomla's profile data table to keep the two in sync, but this only works if CB is the primary source of truth (using CB for registration, login, and profile management). This would allow those Joomla field values to work in other extensions while using exclusively CB to manage your users.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn