Use of license on development server?

15 years 3 days ago #94951 by burgos
I just bought it, but I haven't installed it neither have I read the documentation, anyways, I think answers to these questions would benefit other people too.

-Would I be able to install a copy of my license on a development server? eg. my laptop (localhost)

-Would I be able to move my license to another domain if needed? if so, how many times?

-Will I be able to use it on a subfolder of the same domain at once? example:
main site: www.uvaloca.com
test o development server: www.uvaloca.com/test

Thank you!
B

Post edited by: burgos, at: 2009/04/15 04:48

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 days ago #94952 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Use of license on development server?
The licensing includes one test or localhost site, along with the domain licensed... found the answer here and I'm sure the downloadable license from the same page will answer your other question or Beat or Nick will respond after a couple winks of sleep.

Post edited by: Rapunzl, at: 2009/04/15 05:06

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

15 years 3 days ago #94955 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Use of license on development server?
correct.

We tried to make licensing as flexible as can:

- Yes, license is floating, you can move it from one site to another, or from one server to another, from one folder to another. The licensing will follow, automatically in most cases, and with your help in the remaining ones ;) .

- There is no site URL asked at purchase, as it's automatically handled at license activation time (when you first enter the license number).

- You can check installations right from your CB profile here. In next days there will be a button to allow you to "forget" an installation. Until then, if needed, you can contact me using site contact form to do that for you.

- The installation is on a per CB Site base, not on a server base. So 2 separate CB/Joomla/Mambo subfolders count as 2 for license purposes.

Also many thanks for purchasing, wishing you a pleasant read of manual, a smooth installation and most importantly successful sales :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 3 days ago #95060 by burgos
Replied by burgos on topic Re:Use of license on development server?
Hi, thank you for all your answers.

>>"The installation is on a per CB Site base, not on a server base. So 2 separate CB/Joomla/Mambo subfolders count as 2 for license purposes."

Just one suggestion about needing two licenses when installed on different folders on same domain, I understand your point but maybe you should considering allowing to have installed CBSUBSs on TWO folders on the same domain, as long as the second folder is called TEST. I'm a freelancer and several of my clients use the following schema:
main site: www.domain.com
test server: www.domain.com/test

Most of other extensions which use a similar way of dealing with software piracy allows us to do so (eg. SIMGallery, Parainvite (ioncube encoded, call-back-to-home-server))

Thanks again,
B

15 years 3 days ago #95079 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Use of license on development server?
burgos wrote:

Hi, thank you for all your answers.

>>"The installation is on a per CB Site base, not on a server base. So 2 separate CB/Joomla/Mambo subfolders count as 2 for license purposes."

Just one suggestion about needing two licenses when installed on different folders on same domain, I understand your point but maybe you should considering allowing to have installed CBSUBSs on TWO folders on the same domain, as long as the second folder is called TEST. I'm a freelancer and several of my clients use the following schema:
main site: www.domain.com
test server: www.domain.com/test

Most of other extensions which use a similar way of dealing with software piracy allows us to do so (eg. SIMGallery, Parainvite (ioncube encoded, call-back-to-home-server))

Thanks again,
B

Allowed of course here too, as described here in the pricing: one test-installation is allowed (test site anywhere, or localhost) in addition of one live site per license:

www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/62/78/

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 3 days ago #95082 by burgos
Replied by burgos on topic Re:Use of license on development server?
I'm glad to read that, thank you. I wouldn't expect less from a superb team like yours, keep up the good work.

B

Post edited by: burgos, at: 2009/04/15 18:06

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn