Import Existing Plans/Subscribers

15 years 3 days ago #95073 by trlbldr
Import Existing Plans/Subscribers was created by trlbldr
I created and manage a site that currently uses AEC to manage plans and subscribers. I'd very much like to move away from AEC to CSubs, but I'm not certain if it is possible to import the existing subscriber data into CSubs. (I can recreate the plans, of course, pretty quickly). So, my pre-sales question is:

Can existing subscriber data be imported from another 3rd Party plugin/component into CSubs?

The site I manage uses Joomla 1.5.10, Linux/Ajax, PHP 5.x, MySQL, etc. CB is already used to manage registrations.

Thanks!

Don White

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 days ago #95080 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Import Existing Plans/Subscribers
If properly formatted, yes.

www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7158/74/

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 3 days ago #95085 by trlbldr
Replied by trlbldr on topic Re:Import Existing Plans/Subscribers
Um, thanks, but that isn't quite complete, is it? If the answer is that I'll need to examine the code in the AEC component and that of the CSubs plug-in, download the AEC data and normalize it before importing into CSubs, then I know what to do.

If the answer is that, since AEC is a known entity, that there's a function that will go grab AEC subscriber/plan data, scrub it, and import it into CSubs, then that's an answer, too.

This may reveal the not-too-well-hidden fact that I'm not a MySQL/PHP programmer. Not quite yet.

Thanks!

Don White

15 years 3 days ago #95089 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Import Existing Plans/Subscribers
You need to export the users from AEC and format them to work with CBSubs import.

File (single line of comma-separated user-ids)
This text file is simply a comma-separated list on a single line of the user ids for which the subscriptions should be created.
Example: 63,64,65,102

File (each line: userid,planid,status,subscription date)
This text file is multiple lines (one line per user) comma-separated list with following format: userid,planid,statusSingleChar,SubscriptionDateISO.
Status: A = Active, X = Expired, C= Unsubscribed/Cancelled.
Example: 63,1,A,2009-01-01 00:00:00

All users from a given CMS ACL group
Select ACL group

All users from a given subscription plan
Choose existing CBSubs plan

All these require plans to be created within CBSubs already. You can select the plan, plan status (active, deactive, cancelled), as well as the subscription start date after selecting your user import method.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 3 days ago #95127 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Import Existing Plans/Subscribers
The export of a MySQL table into a comma-separated format can be done using a mysql tool like phpMyAdmin, then you can handle those formats in a spreadsheet, like OpenOffice (free, open-source, worth a try).

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 2 days ago #95189 by 3cellhosting
Replied by 3cellhosting on topic Re:Import Existing Plans/Subscribers
Definitely use Open Office (Supercalc is the actual program for CSV files) as Excel can (and does) truncate fields with more than 255 characters!

Regards

David

David
www.3cellhosting.com - where personality, creativity and integrity come as standard.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.485 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn