Subs & Sales

15 years 12 hours ago #95175 by nextstep
Subs & Sales was created by nextstep
I am webmaster for a very small non profit organization that would like to cut down the amount of paperwork done by the Honarary treasurer by doing as much as possible online.

Therefore the concept is I have put to them is sort of reversed to their way of thinking.. rather than be a member of the association and get a free listing on Assoc. website, instead, it's as though they pay for their membership on the the website which makes them automatically an association member (Does that make sense?)

OK,,, This is what I need to know.

1. Annual Subs... Subscriptions paid online we'll use PayPal(I think that the subs is a given)

2. Profile is swititched off for public view when subs unpaid. (not viewable but accesible)

3. Emails sent automatically every 14 days reminding them they are over due and that membership is cancelled (totally blocked access and view) after 60 days and will need to reaply with application fee...

(In both 2 & 3 the profile data remains)

4a. A "form" will need to be filled in (preferably pre-populated with the data from CB and) with a "declaration" that certain criteria have been met, ie typing your name into this (empty) field confirms that you have met the criteria listed above.

4b. After Membership paid the ability to download the Annual Renewal Membership Cerificate...
(docman??? is it possible to have a directory for the user where invoices and documents are placed and only accessible to that member ie the doc would be created manually and uploaded and available shortly for the member shortly thereafter.... - unless there is a way to fully automate it?? Ie auto fill members name into a pre-prepared doc and then pdf it for instant download - or am I dreaming about that)

5. Occasionally we have Meetings and Seminars that incur a fee.

Is it possible to tie a payment option in with 'EventList" (schlu.net) the program we use for listing events - (or would you suggest another one?)

I am pushing hard for CBSubs, however I do have to get it past the committee and I need definite answers for the the questions above

Also, would you consider a reduced fee or lifetime &/or support for Non Profit Organizations and Charities?

FYI at the moment we have only 130 "paid" members but 150 on file - we don't have free members (although hope the new concept we are creating will boost numbers...)

On that note another Q, is the subs for paid members only or total ie free, and paid and cancelled?? (not deleted)

Finally, We're using the My Community template and it has had great comments.

Thats all for now,,

Thanks in anticipation
(excuse the verbosity)

Post edited by: nextstep, at: 2009/04/17 02:19

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 6 hours ago #95207 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Subs & Sales
  1. Yes, paypal payments are supported.
  2. Yes, you may change many aspects of profiles.
  3. Possible with Acajoom or other mailing list components.
  4. Don't understand first part. Second part is doable with docman (plugin included).
  5. Yes, multiple options on how to do this with existing non-integration features, with SQL plugin, or creating a new plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 1 hour ago #95269 by nextstep
Replied by nextstep on topic Re:Subs & Sales
Hi krileon.

Thanks for the response... I need to be able to go to a committee and se it can:

Take payments,
Fill in(&print(a Form
Print receipt - and a second page like a Renewal Certificate
(or Print a Renewal Certifcate in its own right)

and send out reminder emails to those who are tardy before restricting their profile to visitors and then finally to them

I'll try to clarify, (i have a meeting in 9 hours so as much info as you have is good. If not I beleive we will put into place a pdf to download sign and send in with their cheque)

4.a Our members have certain obligations they need to fulfil, such as continuing education, first aid, and liabilty insurance

We ask them to sign a declaration stating that they have met these obligations. (its done on "trust" heence the declaration - we don't actually check everyone out but from time to time we ask a few each year to send in their receipts in a form of audit)

With this in mind currently they would download a pdf form, fill it in, sign it and post it off with their cheque. wed print a receipt and renewal certifcate and then toddle of to the bank and deposit their cheque.. and spend lots of time an energy chasing people up...

(Hence the possibility to automate much of it through the website would be of benefit even to our small organisation, and what can be done will be important to cover the cost of the app - in CBSubs' case it will cost about us over 1 Euro per transaction for the basic package to use it - and our fees are just $50/year and we have the paypal transaction fee as well, and if we're going to post out receipts ... hence the question about consideration for small non profit organisations... I know you guys don't want to give it away as has been the case with CB itself, but I have to sell it to my committee and we aren't charged bank fees to cash cheques..... but I digress...)

I'd like it to work so that when they come to renew, they click the button, go to a form page, which is pre-populated with name and address (ideally as its a CB product, they could for example change their address on the fly) and any other relevant info and finally simply type their name to confirm electronically they have.

At that point they would click "next" and do the transaction. (go to pay pal - where the Business account allows CC's & pull out credit card ... whatever)

Once the transaction is completed the form they have just filled in is printed out which they sign and post in.

Receipt is printed )or comes from paypal - we have specific information on receipts for tax purposes and

Their membership certificate for the next 12 onths is automatically printed for them to dispaly in their waiting room as being accredited for that year.

Q. Could the receipt, form and certificate all be a single x 3 page ie a "glorified" receipt?

Or we can make a separate Certificate and upload it to docman or email it, or mail it out which is kinda tedious and committee would say "if were posting out the Renewal certificate, we might as well do the recipt and cheque... ie stamps envelopes paper etc

I hope that makes more sense, but we're putting in place a register for new govt regulations that come into force 1 July and if we can get it all done in the website at the start, its more likely to be done sooner, than later..

14 years 11 months ago #95317 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Subs & Sales
Lots of specs in there...for little budget :O ...and little cost too ;)

Existing features will fullfill most of your requests, if requests are flexible.

Integration plugins which are in development will fullfill probably all of them soon... There is a whole lot more coming...

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 11 months ago #95335 by nextstep
Replied by nextstep on topic Re:Subs & Sales
Hi Beat,

Thanks for the anwer. even if a little vague

if this is a subscrtion module it should be able to:

New Client
* enter information,
* take payment
* Print Receipt

&

*Send reminders for renewals
* adjust information
* take payment
* print receipt

All I'm asking is if it could be configured to do it in the manner Im asking.

Hence the Q about formatting a 'glorified receipt'

that included the receipt, the declaration to sign and send and the renewal certificate.

in otherwords so it more than taking money..

so the member doesn't have to download a seperate pdf and fill it in and send ii off...

and so that the committee doesn't have to post off an annual renewal certificate.

cos if that has to be all done we might as well stick to doing it all manually and use cheques.

I'm sorry tobe asking so much, but as I said I have to sell this to my group.

And you're (now) in the business of selling software

And with all due respect,no, it won't be seen as 'little cost' if it doesn't do it. Joomla and CB was sold to my group because it had low costs.

We have contributed as a Document Subscriber and My Community template, but with CBSubs you've upped the ante

For Joomlapolis, it's no longer donation & shareware time... you've now moved to a fully fledged business model , I am just the first of many people who will want to know what they get for their money ie what can be done with the CBSubs module.

I know its early days, but but there isn't a lot of info out there and my committee won't take a punt on maybe.

Post edited by: nextstep, at: 2009/04/17 02:18

14 years 11 months ago #95337 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Subs & Sales
No worries, not my first customers/selling experience, lol :D

Ok, let's answer one by one:

nextstep wrote:

if this is a subscrtion module it should be able to:

New Client
* enter information,
* take payment
* Print Receipt

&

*Send reminders for renewals
* adjust information
* take payment
* print receipt

All I'm asking is if it could be configured to do it in the manner Im asking.

- enter info: yes: you can do that through CB profile at registration or profile updates, during registration in same form than for choosing the subs plan (see registration forms here and on the CBSubs testimonials page .

- take payment: obviously yes

- print receipt: yes, too, CB Subs has an invoice that is templatable, and in which you can use field substitutions, for CB and all invoice elements. It has a PRINT and CLOSE link and is a pop-up window that can appear after payment (show invoice link), or from user profile ("show paid invoices": that one is not yet activated here but will be soon)

- send reminders for renewals: klp29 has set up reminders with Acajoom newsletters and talks about it in his showcase post . You might read his story too, typically going from fully manually to fully automated, as you would like it too. Feel free to ask him questions too, he is in the CBSubs testteam and is a valuable tester with lots of good ideas, and also an active Joomlapolitan here ;)

- take payment and send receipts for renewals is identical to above.

- printing custom "glorified receipt" or "membership cards" is another CBSubs integration plugin which is almost done, but didn't make it in the 1.0 release pack. It's not multi-page, and more for small membership cards than for poster-formatted glossy diplomas, but it's certainly a good starting point. :)

So as you see CBSubs 1.0 is already quite more than a simple membership registration payment software :D

CB 1.1 will have even more possibilities that will allow you to improve gradually your workflows, and will of course be included in maintenance :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn