Subscription based pages dif for each client?

14 years 11 months ago #97682 by fmprodguy
Here's what I'm trying to do.

1-Set up subcription based download areas, what you would have access to would be based on your subscription level

2-Different page, or portion of page, that only that subscriber group would see.

3-files access based on that groups logon

Ya'll mention "Folder protection integration (add/remove members to htaccess and passwd files based on subscription plan)", could I set it up so a client could logon once, and based on their subcription see their files through htaccess without typing in another password?

What I'm trying to do is something use this to create client areas that they could see and fetch only their files, without the files having to be assigned a catagory with something like DocMan. We've got a regular stream of files for our clients and there is way to many of them to constanly go into DocMan and set them all up for the manny clients... hoping I can use htaccess thorugh this, and custom subscriber pages to avoid that pain.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #97694 by nant
fmprodguy wrote:

Here's what I'm trying to do.

1-Set up subcription based download areas, what you would have access to would be based on your subscription level

2-Different page, or portion of page, that only that subscriber group would see.

3-files access based on that groups logon

Ya'll mention "Folder protection integration (add/remove members to htaccess and passwd files based on subscription plan)", could I set it up so a client could logon once, and based on their subcription see their files through htaccess without typing in another password?

What I'm trying to do is something use this to create client areas that they could see and fetch only their files, without the files having to be assigned a catagory with something like DocMan. We've got a regular stream of files for our clients and there is way to many of them to constanly go into DocMan and set them all up for the manny clients... hoping I can use htaccess thorugh this, and custom subscriber pages to avoid that pain.

Well, that's what the docman integration plugin does! It automatically adds users to docman groups upon subscription and removes them when subscription expires.

You can test this on Joomlapolis by becoming a CB Doc subscriber :-)

I am pretty sure that the folder protect method will popup a username password that users would need to retype their info in (at least once and can remember next time)

Post edited by: nant, at: 2009/05/05 18:34

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn